What is this for?
To make an application to renew an existing Private Hire/Hackney Carriage drivers licence
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
Before beginning this process you MUST:
- Have attended Doncaster Council’s Safeguarding awareness training within the past 3 years.
- Have a valid Group 2 Standard medical certificate.
- Have a valid Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate.
- Read and understand Doncaster Council’s Private Hire and Hackney Carriage Licensing Policy.
You will be required to upload the following documents:
- A Group 2 Standards medical certificate (if applicable)
- Safeguarding Awareness Training Certificate (if applicable)
- A Passport sized photograph
- UK Driving Licence
You may also be required to evidence your right to work in the UK.
What you should expect from us
We will carry out all the required checks to determine your application.
We will aim to notify you of the outcome of your application within 28 days of all the required checks being completed.
If your application is granted, your licence will be sent to you by post.
If we are unable to grant you a licence without further investigation, you will be invited to attend a licensing panel who will determine your application.
Remember once licensed, a vehicle can only be driven by a Doncaster-licensed driver.