Planning - Permitted Development Request - Householder

What is this for?

Some minor works to domestic properties are classed as Permitted Development which allows homeowners to extend their homes without the need for planning permission. This service enables you to request the service of the planning department to determine whether your householder enquiry is permitted development or requires planning permission.

What is it going to cost?

£72.00 including VAT


What we need from you

When you submit a householder request you will be asked to give your name, address, contact details, proposal of works, site location, measurements of proposal, a mandatory sketch of the proposed works and any further supporting documentation.

Additional Guidance

Mandatory Sketch

A sketch of your proposal like the one below showing all of the details indicated in the box is a mandatory requirement of the Permitted Development enquiry submission. Please provide distances from dwelling and to boundaries. If you intend to alter ground levels or do other works please give details.

Please show all distances in metres:
A Show the distance between the proposed outbuilding and the property / site boundaries.
B Show the distance between proposed outbuilding and the existing house
C Show the distance between proposed extension and property / site boundaries
D Show the position of any trees that may be affected
E Distance existing outbuilding is from house and / or proposed extension

What you should expect from us

When you submit your permitted development request we will check the information supplied. We endeavour to register your application within 2 days. You will receive notification from us as to whether the application has been deemed valid and we can progress with your request or if it is invalid due to us requiring extra information. Once an application has been made valid you will receive notification within 10 working days with the outcome of your enquiry.

Please note that this enquiry and the subsequent response do not mean that you have received planning permission or a determination under Section 192 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)

Permitted development enquiries will be published on our website via Planning Applications Online. (Email addresses and phone numbers will be removed prior to publishing).

More information

Privacy Notice 

The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Planning Services privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work as a Local Planning Authority.

Do it Now
Last updated: 01 April 2022 08:40:32