Council Tax - Tell us about someone in your property who is turning 18 or leaving education

What is this for?

To tell us that someone in your household:

  • is turning 18, or
  • is leaving education,
  • is no longer having child benefit paid for them.

What is it going to cost?


What we need from you

We will ask you to register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry, and for us to tell you when your account has been updated. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.

You will need your Council Tax account and Property Reference number to submit your request. These can be found on your bill. 

We will ask you to supply details about your household, and the person who has turned 18, left education, or when their child benefit stopped.

What you should expect from us

Once submitted, we will aim to update your Council Tax account within 14 days. We may need to contact you if we cannot make the change you have requested, or if further information is required. If your account is affected, a new Council Tax bill will be issued to you.

More information

Privacy Notice 
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council Tax privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.

Do it Now
Last updated: 11 September 2018 17:41:43