What is this for?
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Due to the ongoing situation regarding the coronavirus we regret to inform you that all tests have been cancelled until May 2020 (although this date may be extended as the situation changes).
We understand the implications this will have on those wishing to make an application to become a licensed driver and we will constantly monitor the situation and update our website as and when this changes.
It is a requirement that all Doncaster-licensed Hackney Carriage / Private Hire drivers must pass a practical driving test as part of the application process.
This process will allow you to book a practical driving test.
What is it going to cost?
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire practical test including wheelchair test is £95.64
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire practical test is £95.64
- Private Hire practical test is £81.97
- Practical Wheelchair test only is £27.33
(Please be aware that if you miss your appointment you will have to pay again)
What we need from you
You will need to bring to the test proof of:
- a valid MOT certificate
- National insurance number
- Driving Licence photo ID card (old style paper licence all parts if applicable)
- A vehicle that is wheelchair accessible if completing a wheelchair practical test
- A vehicle that meets the same requirements as a car diving test except it cannot have L plates
- You need to arrive 15 minutes before your allocated appointment
- You must allow 90 minutes for the assessment
- You need to bring with you any relevant glasses or contact lenses that you require to drive with.
What you should expect from us
We will offer you appointments to attend on specific days to attend a practical driving test.
The testing officer will advise you if you pass and provide you with a pass certificate.
The testing officer will advise you if you fail and provide a debrief.
Remember once licensed, a vehicle can only be driven by a Doncaster-licensed driver.