What is this for?
To make an application to be a licensed driver in relation to Private Hire/Hackney Carriage vehicles in Doncaster.
PLEASE NOTE -Before making an application please ensure that you have read and understood Doncaster Councils Hackney Carriage & Private Hire Licensing Policy
Any questions you may have relating to the Policy can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is it going to cost?
The application fee is £152.50
What we need from you
Before beginning this process you MUST have:
- Attended Doncaster Council’s Safeguarding awareness training within the previous 3 years.
- Attended and Passed Doncaster Council’s Knowledge Test
- Attended and Passed Doncaster Council’s approved Practical Driving Test (and Wheelchair assessment where you are applying for a Hackney Carriage or Joint Drivers Licence).
- Read and understood Doncaster Council’s Private Hire and Hackney Carriage Licensing Policy.
- Applied for your own Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate and subscribe to the Update Service.
You will be required to upload the following documents:
- A Group 2 Standards medical certificate (Doncaster Councils approved form). Note that medical practitioner MUST have access to your medical history.
- Safeguarding Awareness Training Certificate
- A Passport sized photograph
- UK Driving Licence in your current address
- Evidence of your right to work in the UK
- Where you have spent 3 or more continuous months outside of the UK, you will be expected to provide a 'certificate of good character' from the appropriate embassy(s)
Once you have submitted your application you will also need to attend the Civic Office and provide your original Enhanced DBS certificate. The certificate will be copied and the original returned to you.
What you should expect from us
We will carry out all the required checks, please note that it will not be possible to complete this process until you have submitted your DBS certificate and evidence of your right to work in the UK.
We will aim to notify you of the outcome of your application within 28 days of all the required checks being completed.
If your application is granted, your licence will be sent to you by post.
If we are unable to grant you a licence without further investigation, you will be invited to attend a licensing hearing, where your application will be determined.
Remember once licensed, a vehicle can only be driven by a Doncaster-licensed driver.