What is this for?
To make an application to be a licensed driver in relation to Private Hire/Hackney Carriage vehicles in Doncaster.
What is it going to cost?
The application fee is £145
An additional payment of £44 will also be required after you have submitted your application. This fee is for the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
What we need from you
Before beginning this process you MUST:
- Attend Doncaster Council’s Safeguarding awareness training
- Attend and Pass Doncaster Council’s Knowledge Test
- Attend and Pass Doncaster Council’s Practical Driving Test (and Wheelchair assessment where you are applying for a Hackney Carriage or Joint Drivers Licence).
- Read and understand Doncaster Council’s Private Hire and Hackney Carriage Licensing Policy.
You will be required to upload the following documents:
- A Group 2 Standards medical certificate
- Safeguarding Awareness Training Certificate
- A Passport sized photograph
- UK Driving Licence
Once you have submitted your application you will also need to attend the Civic Office and submit your DBS application and pay the required fee, please note that you will need to produce original documents which verify your identification and address.
You will also be required to evidence your right to work in the UK (you can do this at the same time as submitting your DBS application).
What you should expect from us
We will carry out all the required checks, please note that it will not be possible to complete this process until you have submitted your DBS application and evidence of your right to work in the UK.
We will aim to notify you of the outcome of your application within 28 days of all the required checks being completed.
If your application is granted, your licence will be sent to you by post.
If we are unable to grant you a licence without further investigation, you will be invited to attend a licensing panel who will determine your application.
Remember once licensed, a vehicle can only be driven by a Doncaster-licensed driver.