Our home alarm service and Telecare service helps elderly and vulnerable adults live safely in their own home.
Technology, Sensors and Pendant Alarms
These days there is loads of technology available that people are using (often with help from relatives) to stay independent, safe and well. Take a look at the examples below for some inspiration:
- Susan uses a GPS tracker on her phone so that her family know where she is if she gets into difficulty when out walking
- Carol uses a robotic vacuum cleaner to help her clean her flat
- John uses a smart speaker to give him timed reminders to take his medication
- Helen has a clock which tells her the day and whether it’s morning, afternoon or evening which helps her not to get confused.
- Alice enjoys using a virtual reality headset to explore the world – she finds that it distracts her from the pain that she experiences due to a condition she is living with.
- George uses an app on his phone which describes the things that can be seen through the camera lens – as he is blind it can help him pick which clothes to wear or identify products in a supermarket.
- Tom and his family use an app which helps them organise the care for his mum, it helps them to schedule their time to make sure that his mum’s needs are met.
Some people benefit from the reassurance of a pendant alarm that can be worn around the neck inside the home. A person can press the button in an emergency which will trigger a phone call to our call centre. A sensitive microphone allows the person to talk to our friendly staff who are trained to decide on the best cause of action and to deal with emergencies quickly and efficiently. If a person has fallen and is unable to get up, a trained responder may attend to help the person and ensure they are ok.
The pendant alarm service costs £3.30 per week (£42.90 per quarter). All you need is a telephone socket that is able to make outgoing calls and a nearby electrical outlet within 2 meters of it. The equipment will be set up for you and no drilling or electrical works are required.
To apply for a pendant alarm please complete the form below. Once we receive your application form we will contact you to arrange a convenient delivery date. We do not charge for the delivery and set up of your pendant alarm however there is a fee for the replacement of lost or damaged equipment.
- Pendant Alarm Application Form
- Download (103KB - DOCX)
Additional Sensors and Assistive Technology
Some people will benefit from additional sensors and assistive technology such as falls detectors, movement sensors and flood/gas detectors. In order to receive this additional equipment an assessment must be carried out by a social work professional, Occupational Therapist, STEPS Team or trusted referrer. Contact us for more information on whether an assessment is appropriate.
Further help and support to help you live in your own home
More help can be found on the page Help to live independently