One of the largest parks in Doncaster, Sandall Park is home to beautiful scenery, a variety of facilities and a fantastic volunteer group.
Things to see and do at Sandall Park
- places to play including toddler and junior play areas with a zipwire and climbing frame, playing fields and a new woodland adventure play area
- a range of sports facilities including outdoor gym equipment, basketball post and 3 football pitches (visit our football pitches for booking information)
- picnic areas and the Sandall Park Cafe, open 7 days a week from early morning to late afternoon
- beautiful scenery including a large lake (formerly the boating lake), a smaller pond, wildflower areas, a variety of wildlife and woodland areas
- areas for angling
- toilets and baby-changing facilities. Please note: if the toilets are closed when they should be open, cleaning is taking place
- memorial benches (see our Memorial Policy in the Downloads and Resources section for more information)
Activities and clubs
Please see the group's Facebook page, Sandall Park Angling Club, for more information.
Park fitness trails
There are three fitness trails in the park, each designed to help improve your health in one of the borough's most beautiful environments. To see the full trails, please download the following document:
- Sandall Park Fitness Trails
- Download (1.64MB)
This trail is an inclusive outdoor experience suitable for families whose children have special educational needs and disabilities. For more information, check out the full sensory trail.
Weekly walking club
Sandall Park has its very own beginners running club who get together every Thursday. For more information about the club, visit the walk-jog-run group.
This 5km takes place every Saturday at the park, and is a great way to help you keep fit and active. For more information, visit Doncaster parkrun.
Clay Lane Fit and Fun Walk
At just over a mile (about 2,400 steps), the Clay Lane Fit and Fun Walk is a nice gentle walk. The route is opposite to the park: a perfect detour once you've finished your walk.
For more on this walk, visit our walking in Doncaster page.
The park offers regular free cycle training if you're looking to practise cycling outdoors. For training times and booking information, visit Doncaster Cycle Boost.
The park hosts a number of events for you to enjoy, from musical festivals to parties in the park and everything in between.
Getting to the park
The park is on Thorne Road, 4 miles from the town centre (opposite KFC), postcode DN2 5DW.
In terms of parking, there's a car park next to the toilets and another next to the café. There is also parking on Barnby Dun Road, opposite the play area. If there are large events on in the park (sponsored runs or large concerts) there is on-road parking available on the industrial estates behind McDonalds, or off Leger Way on to Shaw Wood Way.
If you're getting to the park by bus, use Travel South Yorkshire's journey planner and enter where you're going from and to (Sandall Park).
For a full view and postcode of the park, check out the following Google Maps view:
Friends of Sandall Park
The Friends of Sandall Park is a registered charity committed to looking after and promoting the park. The group have won various awards for their hard work including the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service, which is the highest award that can be made to a voluntary group, the Doncaster Love Where You Live Award 2012 in and the Doncaster Free Press Community Environmental Award.
For more information on this fantastic group, check out the Friends of Sandall Park Facebook page.
Parks and outdoor spaces
For a list of parks and outdoor spaces in Doncaster, how to report an issue and how to apply for a memorial in one of these spaces, visit our parks and outdoor spaces page.
- Sandall Park Fitness Trails
- Download (1.64MB - PDF)
- Download (427KB - PDF)