Are you interested in becoming a volunteer?
Benefits of volunteering
As well as doing something positive for yourself and your community, volunteering can help you:
- improve your self confidence
- gain new skills and experiences
- benefit from training opportunities
- gain references for future employers
- improve your employment prospects
- make new friends
Volunteering opportunities with us:
- Doncaster Libraries - community libraries are opened and maintained across the week by hundreds of volunteers
- Doncaster Heritage Services has various volunteer roles available throughout the year at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery, Cusworth Hall Park and Museum, Doncaster Archives and Doncaster Local Studies Library
- Volunteer Walk Leaders are trained to a national standard and support the Get Doncaster Walking programme
- School Governors are the largest volunteer force in the country and play an integral role in shaping the future for Doncaster's children
- Biodiversity - getting involved
Other volunteering opportunities
Major Events in the Town Centre
If you would like to be part of delivering some of the exciting events taking place in the Town Centre over the coming months, please get in touch with Jenny.Dewsnap@doncaster.gov.uk There is a role for everybody, whether you're interested in marketing and promotion, want to put Event Management on your CV or whether you simply want to turn up on the day to lend a hand! The upcoming events are listed below:
- Armed Forces Day – Saturday 30th June… 10am – 5pm
The regular parade and stalls with the addition of a 1940’s themed street party in the Market Place
- DN Festival does Space - 27th - 28th July… Friday evening and Saturday full day
The new name and date for the DNweekeND delivered by Right Up Our Street. A festival including street performance and art, cinema and family entertainment in Sir Nigel Gresley Square.
- Doncaster Pride – 18th August – Friday 12 noon to 6pm Saturday 12 noon to 10 pm
The single biggest one day free event held in the town centre of the year. There’s a colourful carnival feel as the LGBT community deliver the huge event with a pre parade through town with floats. Happens in Sir Nigel Gresley Square.
- Square Roots Festival – 19th August Sunday …10 am to 9 pm
A live music event seeing a fusion of Country, Folk and Jazz. Free event outdoors with food and drink stalls. held in Sir Nigel Gresley Square.
- DN Festival - Museum of the Moon and Festival of Light (opens Christmas) 16th-17th November
A night of light installations and street performance which will bring the Doncaster streets to life and kick off the Christmas period!
- Countdown to Christmas – 17th November – full day event in the Market and Sir Nigel Gresley Square
A Christmas extravaganza for all of the family to enjoy with rides, stalls, music, reindeer and more!
Local groups and activities
There are lots of local groups and activities you can volunteer for, whether it's your local scout group or your local community centre. For a full list of groups and activities where you can volunteer, visit the Your Life Doncaster directory.
Please note: the directory is open to any organisation and their inclusion does not not reflect any endorsement by us.
View hundreds of national opportunities at:
Doncaster Community Arts - darts
If you're interested in arts and cultural volunteering, darts is the place to go! You can get involved in a range of work such as supporting artists and participants in creative workshops, assisting at events and launches, and welcoming people to The Point.
Independent Visitors Scheme
Matches volunteer befrienders with children and young people who have little or no contact with their parents - more information on the: