Are you interested in becoming a volunteer?
Benefits of volunteering
As well as doing something positive for yourself and your community, volunteering can help you:
- improve your self confidence
- gain new skills and experiences
- benefit from training opportunities
- gain references for future employers
- improve your employment prospects
- make new friends
Ongoing volunteering opportunities with us:
- Doncaster Libraries - community libraries are opened and maintained across the week by hundreds of volunteers
- Doncaster Heritage Services has various volunteer roles available throughout the year at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery, Cusworth Hall Park and Museum, Doncaster Archives and Doncaster Local Studies Library
- Volunteer Walk Leaders are trained to a national standard and support the Get Doncaster Walking programme
- School Governors are the largest volunteer force in the country and play an integral role in shaping the future for Doncaster's children
- Biodiversity - getting involved
Local groups and activities
There are lots of local groups and activities you can volunteer for, whether it's your local scout group or your local community centre. For a full list of groups and activities where you can volunteer, visit the Your Life Doncaster directory.
Please note: the directory is open to any organisation and their inclusion does not not reflect any endorsement by us.
View hundreds of national opportunities at:
Reach Volunteering runs a free national self service online platform for charities to find people with skills and vice versa. Last year over 1,000 people found roles with us in a wide range of professional and business roles across the UK.
Doncaster Community Arts - DARTS
If you're interested in arts and cultural volunteering, darts is the place to go! You can get involved in a range of work such as supporting artists and participants in creative workshops, assisting at events and launches, and welcoming people to The Point.
Independent Visitors Scheme
Matches volunteer befrienders with children and young people who have little or no contact with their parents - more information on the:
- Family Hub and Youth Services Volunteer Prospectus
- Download (2.43MB - DOCX)