A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Edlington Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 14 June 2018. If you are already registered to vote in local elections and live in the Edlington Town Council area, you will be eligible to vote in this election.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2,687.80. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 5,543.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
How to vote
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
Do you want Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Edlington to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
A Poll Card will be delivered to all registered electors of the Edlington Neighbourhood Plan area, therefore if you do not receive a poll card it could mean that you may not be on the register. Make sure you register to vote by Tuesday 29th May 2018. Please check your poll card for your usual polling station and visit our Find my Polling Station app for directions.
The deadline for applying for or changing a postal or proxy vote is 5.00pm on Wednesday 30th May 2018 .
- Registration - if you are not already registered to vote, then you must do so by Tuesday 29th May 2018.
- Postal Vote Application Form - Applications must reach Electoral Services by 5pm on Wednesday 30th May 2018.
- Proxy Vote Application Form - Applications must reach Electoral Services by 5pm on Wednesday 30th May 2018.
- Edlington Notice of Referendum - Edlington NPR
- Download (60KB - PDF)
- Modified Edlington Neighbourhood Plan
- MODIFIED - Edlington Neighbourhood Plan for Referendum-1
- Download (4.29MB - PDF)
- Decision Statement
- Edlington Decision Statement
- Download (259KB - PDF)
- Examiners Report
- Final Edlington examiner's report
- Download (859KB - PDF)
- Summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner
- Summary of Representations submitted to the independent examiner - Edlington
- Download (80KB - PDF)
- Statement from the Council stating that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the relevant legislation
- Statement from the Council relating to basic conditions and provisions - Edlington
- Download (5KB - PDF)
- Statement that sets out general information about town and country planning including neighbourhood planning
- General Information on Town and County Planning Edlington
- Download (121KB - PDF)
These Specified Documents can also be viewed in paper form at:
- Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU (between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday)
- Central Library, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3JE (open 9am-6pm on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. 9am-7pm on Wednesday and Thursday. 9.30am-5pm on Saturday. Closed on Sunday)
- Edlington Community Library, Martinwells Centre, Thompson Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1JD (open 8.40am-5pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.40am-4pm Wednesday. 8.50am-1pm Saturday. Closed on Sunday)