We employ around 500 permanent and relief staff in 106 kitchens.
They produce approximately 3.8 million meals a year, including meals specially prepared for pupils with special or medical diets.
A relief general kitchen assistant's main duties include:
- food service and portion control
- cleaning food production and service areas, equipment and utensils.
If you are interested in joining the service, Relief Catering Assistants' vacancies are available now.
Catering Assistants term time work available - rate of pay Living Wage from 1 April 2016 £8.25 per hour.
You don't need to have any previous experience as full training and inductions will be given for all positions.
- tel: 01302 862786
If vacancies within our service are not suitable why not try our colleagues in Metro Clean for cleaning vacancies:
- tel: 01302 736882.
Most of the training provided to schools catering staff is in partnership with Doncaster College and DMBC Environmental Health Officers
Training that all our staff receive includes:
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Level 2 Food Safety
- Level 3 Food Safety
- NVQ 2 Food Production and Cooking
- NVQ 2 Professional Cookery
- NVQ 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision & Leadership
- Nutrition & Health
- Lifting & Handling
- Slips, Trips, Falls
- Personal Training Plans
Other council vacancies: