Are you a child or young person in Doncaster struggling with your thoughts and feelings and don't know where to go? You can access information and advice on this page.
Children and young people in Doncaster have told us what is important to them when they feel worried, upset or are struggling with their feelings.
With this information Doncaster Council and Doncaster CCG (NHS services) have put together this page to help you with some of the problems you may be having.
- Do you think you eat healthily? To find out more about healthy eating and exercise, please visit: www.nhs.uk/change4life
- Bullying is behaviour that hurts someone, like: name calling, hitting, pushing, spreading rumours or threatening someone.
- Bullying can happen anywhere, like: at school, at home, or on the Internet.
To find out services that are available to support you, please use the following link.Bullying Services
- This is bullying that can happen by text message or through social networks, like: Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Trolling’ – this is when someone keeps sending upsetting messages through social networks, chat rooms and Internet games.
- Making someone send sexual pictures or talk about sex when they don’t want to.
Eating Disorders (including Body Image)
- An Eating Disorder is when you have unhealthy thoughts about food.
- Anybody can get an Eating Disorder, but this doesn’t mean that everyone has one.
- Are things worrying you at home, school or with your friends?
- Do you feel respected and feel comfortable in your relationship?
- Do you feel you have an opinion and choice in your relationship?
- Do your feelings make you want to hurt yourself?
- Hidden Harm: are you worried about someone close to you harming theirselves and need someone support?
- Do you need information about sex, your sexual health, sexual infections or sexual relationships?
- Are you confused about your sexual feelings?
- Do you feel alone in your feelings about your sexuality and gender?
Stress & Anxiety
- Do you feel it affects your day to day life?
- Do you think it is affecting how you feel about yourself?
- Do you have unhelpful thoughts?
- Do you use alcohol or drugs to numb your feelings?
- Do you need alcohol or drugs to get through the day?
LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning):
- Do you need more support?
- Would you like to meet with other young people?
- Are you a family member worried about, or need more support for a young person in your care?
Find a Friend:
- Would you like to connect more with young people?
If you need to speak to someone straight away you can call Doncaster Children's services trust using the following contact details:
This page has been developed in connection with the Doncaster Local Transformation Plan.
We need to understand and provide the best possible services for our children and young people, and their families, to ensure that they can access appropriate services, at a time when they need them and have access to expert and appropriate online support.