School Governors are the largest volunteer force in the country.
In Doncaster we currently have
- over 1000 school Governors and Members
- serving on 94 School Governing Bodies
- and two Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Management Committees
Governors make an important contribution within their school’s local community whilst also playing an integral role in shaping the future for Doncaster’s children.
Governors in Doncaster come from all walks of life and sections of the community. Almost anyone can serve as a Governor including:
- school staff
- business or local community representatives
All you need to be a Governor is a commitment to help the school and its children and willingness to offer your time, energy and knowledge.
Being a Governor in Doncaster is challenging and stimulating, but most of all rewarding!
If you are interested in becoming a school Governor in Doncaster view the:
Making an enquiry
If you wish to send an enquiry to the Governors' Support Service, please complete the:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 737111 or 737193 or 737192