The council has produced Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) to provide further guidance about the implementation of specific planning policies.
SPDS do not introduce new policies, but rather assist in the interpretation and application of existing policies and proposals. They give guidance to the public, applicants and developers when making planning applications.
Draft SPDs published for public consultation and adopted SPDs will be available on this page.
What is the status of SPDs?
Whilst they do not have the same status as Development Plan Documents (or DPDs), SPDs are a material consideration in the determination of planning applications.
The Core Strategy and Unitary Development Plan provide policy requirements, but do not give sufficient detail to implement the requirements of the National Planning Policy Framework at the local level.
- Development Guidance and Requirements SPD
- South Yorkshire Residential Design Guide SPD
- Development and Floodrisk SPD
- Residential Backland and Infill Development SPD
- Carr Lodge Design Code SPD
The following SPDs have now been revoked as they needed to be replaced, updated or withdrawn as they are now out-of-date (i.e. predate the adoption of the Core Strategy and NPPF), or they no longer remain relevant:
- Biodiversity Mitigation and Compensation SPD
- Landscape Planning on Development Sites SPD
- Local Wildlife and Geological Sites SPD
- Planning for Nature SPD
- Planning for Trees and Hedgerows on Development Sites
- Sustainable Construction SPD
- Extensions to domestic dwellings SPG
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 734419