The building control system exists to make sure that buildings are properly designed and constructed so as to ensure the health, safety, welfare and convenience of people using them.
Building control regulates the construction of buildings so that they meet standards set out in:
For information when extending your home please click on the following LABC link :
Please click on the links for the various guides :
- Custom Build Guide - http://www.custombuild.org.uk/labc/custombuild/doncaster/doncastercb2017/
- Guide To Renovating Your Home - http://www.guidetorenovatingyourhome.co.uk/doncaster
If you need help finding a Builder in your area please click on the link below for the Federation of Master Builders
The council’s building control team ensures that the building control system is adhered to. It makes sure that buildings are structurally sound, safe in the event of fire, have adequate drainage, ventilation and toilet facilities, are accessible for disabled persons and are energy efficient to heat and light.
Its officers are available to give advice, before, during or after a building project is completed, from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, either in their offices or by appointment at your home or business address.
- provide a quick, friendly and accurate response
- deal speedily and courteously with Building Regulation Applications
- provide an inspection team who will work with you on your building project, issuing completion certificates when necessary
- undertake site inspections requested before 10am the same day
For further information, please contact us:
- Building Control Financial Statement 2018-19
- Download (175KB - PDF)