Daily air pollution levels in the Doncaster area
Today's Town Centre Air Pollution Level is
What should you do when the air pollution level is HIGH?
- if you suffer from respiratory problems take your medicines, tablets, inhalers etc. with you when leaving the house so that you can take them as prescribed
- take your time and do not rush anywhere - walk at a steady pace
- avoid areas of high traffic density where pollution levels are likely to be the highest.
- if you do not suffer from respiratory problems consider leaving your car at home to help reduce pollution levels
About the pollution control team
The provisions of the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1999, Part IIA of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, the Environment Act 1995 and the Environmental Information Regulations cover a wide range of activities including:
- the pro-active control of industrial emissions to the environment
- the regulation of industrial installations under the PPC regime.
- contaminated land
- landfill gas emissions
- ambient air quality (including traffic pollution)
- the provision of environmental information
The above list is neither exhaustive or exclusive. Pollution problems may be life threatening in the short term but more commonly can result in chronic illness and significant reduction in the quality of life
For further information, please contact us: