Highfields Country Park is perfect for enjoying time outdoors, with walking routes and angling just some of the things you can do.
Things to see and do at Highfields Country Park
- beautiful scenery including woodlands, wildflower areas and the historic Highfields Lake
- a variety of wildlife
- places for angling in Highfields Lake
- playing fields
- picnic areas
- walking routes leading onto Roman Ridge or Brodsworth Community Woodland
- nature walks throughout the park
- a two mile fit and fun walk ending at the park. For the full route, visit our walking in Doncaster page
Getting to the park
The park and lake are near Coppice Road, postcode DN6 7JA. Whilst there is parking available at the park, you can also park at the Park and Ride North just a short distance away.
If you're travelling by bus, you can use Travel South Yorkshire's journey planner. Just enter where you're going from and to. As the park isn't listed on the Travel South Yorkshire website, we'd suggest typing in a nearby landmark e.g. Doncaster North Park & Ride.
To see the lake and the surrounding area, check out the following Google Maps view:
Parks and outdoor spaces
For a list of parks and outdoor spaces in Doncaster, how to report an issue and how to apply for a memorial in one of these spaces, visit our parks and outdoor spaces page.