Information about the opening times, how to find us, facilities available at Rose Hill Crematorium and the disposal, collection and burial of cremated remains.
How to find us
Bereavement Services Office:- 9.00 a.m. - 5.00p.m
Rose Hill Cemetery and Crematorium Grounds:- Open at all times
- car park- can accommodate up to 85 spaces. There is additional car parking space in the event of a large funeral
- chapel- seats up to 115 people and standing area for approximately 70. Outside speakers are available for very large funerals. Service books are available at all times but individual song sheets are only available on request (needing prior notice)
- waiting room- seats approximately 20 people
- toilets- situated in the waiting room and the exit of the crematorium building. Disabled toilets available within the grounds
- music- a wide and varied choice of music is available from our comprehensive list, which can be viewed at our office, via your funeral director, or by visiting the Wesley Music website. If a particular piece of music is not shown, we will try to source and provide the requested piece. (48 hours notice required)
- organ- fee payable for use. Arrangements for an organist must be made in advance
- recording- cremation services can be recorded to compact disc for a fee. Notice is required
- disabled facilities- there are several spaces allocated in the car park. Wheelchair access is available into the crematorium. You can also loan a wheelchair while in the building or grounds. Please enquire at the Rose Hill office
- visits- anyone wishing to view the facilities may do so. We openly encourage visitors
- CCTV- CCTV cameras are in operation around the building and within areas of the car park
Disposal of cremated remains
We have designated sections within the woodland, meadowland and children's burial areas as well as our Gardens of Remembrance where cremated remains can be scattered.
If the cremated remains are to be buried or strewn in or on a grave, regardless of location, permission must be obtained and arrangements made with the manager or landowner.
Although we are not obliged to keep records of locations of scatterings, approximate locations are known.
Floral tributes may be placed in scattering areas, but any tributes that we regard as unsightly will be removed.
Collection of cremated remains
Cremated remains shall only be released as requested by the applicant or funeral director for cremation. We will provide them within a container.
A certificate of cremation may be required if the cremated remains are to be interred or scattered elsewhere, so please check beforehand.
Burial of cremated remains
If you wish to have the cremated remains buried within the crematorium grounds, we offer the exclusive right of burial. This is for a period of 30 years.
You have the choice of three plots. Each holds up to two sets of cremated remains. The memorials placed on these plots are only available from us.
- special plot within a grassed area- The area can be left grassed or a choice of three flat memorials are available. However, these memorials do not have a flower container within them
- large special plot- Cremated remains can be interred loosely, or held in approved containers. A wedge type memorial can be placed on this plot, which can have a flower container incorporated
- memorial granite plot- Remains must be interred in approved containers such as metal urns, polyethylene urns, or caskets. A memorial granite stone can be placed on this plot, with a flower container provided
Cremated remains can be buried in any of the cemeteries controlled by Doncaster Council.
For further information, please contact us:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 736900
- address: Rose Hill Crematorium, Cantley Lane, Cantley, Doncaster, DN4 6NE