Clinical waste

We provide a clinical waste disposal service and safely collect and dispose of clinical waste from households and businesses in Doncaster.

Clinical waste is defined as any waste that consists wholly or partly of:

  • human or animal tissue
  • blood or other bodily fluids
  • excretions
  • swabs or dressings
  • syringes, needles or other sharp instruments

Which, unless rendered safe, may prove hazardous to any person coming into contact with it.

Domestic households do not have to pay for this service, however, businesses are charged a fee for this service.

Request a collection of clinical waste

To arrange for collection of clinical waste from your home or business please complete the following e-form:

What do I do if I find a discarded needle?

DO NOT attempt to pick up or remove these yourself.

We will arrange to collect discarded needles and hypodermic syringes. If you see any of these lying around then please report this as soon as possible to us using the following e-form:  

Did you know you can report this to us using your smartphone? Download the free My Doncaster app and report issues to us while you’re out and about.

Last updated: 15 August 2017 11:52:10