Information about the support and services available for the Doncaster Armed Forces Community.
Who makes up the Armed Forces Community?
The Armed Forces Community includes:
- Regular, Reserve and Retired (veterans) that are serving or have served in the armed forces (Army, Navy, RAF).
- Polish free forces who served in WW2.
- Merchant Navy who have served in support of British military operations (Suez, Falklands).
What support am I entitled to?
We are committed to supporting Doncaster's military service personnel and veterans as an MOD Employer Recognition Gold Award employer, through Executive Mayor Ros Jones' pledge and through our Armed Forces Champion, Councillor Paul Wray.
As a member of Doncaster's Armed Forces Community, you and your immediate family are entitled to the following through the Armed Forces Covenant:
- Not being at a disadvantage when trying to access public services such as health care, housing, employment, education and welfare.
- Special consideration where appropriate in some cases, especially for those who have given the most such as the injured and the bereaved.
Where can I find more information?
For information about the support and services available for the Doncaster Armed Forces Community please visit www.yourlifedoncaster.co.uk/ArmedForces
Visit our facebook page for all the latest news www.facebook.com/DoncasterArmedForces
Get in touch
You can also get in touch with us using the following details.
Tel: 01302 735600