This Privacy Notice sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information for a COVID-19 vaccination. The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand this notice before submitting your information to us.
What information about you do we collect?
- Personal information – such as: your name, contact telephone number and email address
- Special category personal information – such as: your NHS number
How do we collect information about you?
- your employer
- from you directly.
How will your information be used?
- Assess your eligibility for a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Make a referral to Doncaster CCG and Doncaster Bassetlaw Health Trust (DBHT)/Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber (RDaSH) to arrange a COVID-19 vaccination where applicable.
The Legal Basis for using your information
(1)(c) to do so is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies to the Council
(1)(e) to do so is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority
(2)(g) processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
(2)(i) processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health
Who will your information be shared with?
- DBHT/RDaSH for processing the vaccination requests
The Council will never sell your information to anyone else.
How long will we keep your information?
- to be informed of our use of information about you;
- of access to information about you;
- rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
- to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- to restrict how we use information about you;
- to move your information to a new service provider;
- to object to how we use information about you;
- not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making;
- to object to direct marketing; and,
- to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the ‘Complaints’ section below).
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
- providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
- acting as the point of contact for data subjects;
- and, co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights, and they can investigate and adjudicate on any data protection related concerns you raise with them. They can be contacted via the methods below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.