The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand this notice and that of ClickView before submitting your or your child’s information to us. This Privacy Notice sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in relation to setting up an account for Doncaster’s Summer Staycation.
What information about you do we collect?
- personal information – such as: your name, date of birth and email address
How do we collect information about you?
How will your information be used?
The Legal Basis for using your information
The Council collects and uses information about you on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so. You may withdraw your consent and ask us not to use information about you for accessing ClickView by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning Families Information Service 0800 138 4568, however if your account has been set up you will need to contact ClickView directly, further information can be found here https://www.clickview.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Who will your information be shared with?
In certain cases we may also share your information with other individuals and organisations. For example, if you make a complaint to your Councillor, or if the sharing would help with a safeguarding issue, or help prevent a crime. Sometimes, we might share your information without your knowledge.
The Council will never sell your information to anyone else.
Transfers to countries other than the UK and outside of the EU
How long will we keep your information?
ClickView will hold your information for a different time period, please see their privacy notice for this information https://www.clickview.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- to be informed of our use of information about you;
- of access to information about you;
- rectify information about you that is inaccurate;
- to have your information erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- to restrict how we use information about you;
- to move your information to a new service provider;
- to object to how we use information about you;
- not to have decisions made about you on the basis of automated decision making;
- to object to direct marketing; and,
- to complain about anything the Council does with your information (please see the ‘Complaints’ section below).
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- monitoring the Council’s compliance with data protection law;
- providing expert advice and guidance on data protection;
- acting as the point of contact for data subjects; and,
- co-operating and consulting with the Information Commissioner’s Office (see ‘Complaints’ below).
The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights, and they can investigate and adjudicate on any data protection related concerns you raise with them.
They can be contacted via the methods below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF