Schools in Doncaster and childcare settings are now able to reopen to the wider public from Monday 15th June following the period of closure related to the coronavirus pandemic.
We know that many parents, families and children may be worried or concerned about schools reopening, whether it is around the safety for their children, what measures are in place, worries about their child's mental and emotional well being, or any changes to their child’s education as a result of this.
This page provides lots of information around how school will differ for children, advice around transport, safety measures schools are using to ensure our children are safe and well, and some frequently asked questions we have received from parents. You’ll find information around health and safety in these frequently asked questions.
We hope this goes some way to alleviating your worries but please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s school directly if you have other queries. We will continue to add to this page with new developments and guidance.
- Returning to school FAQs
- How will school be different for my child
- Travelling to school
- Childminders, day nurseries and preschools
- Transitioning to new school years and post-16 education
- Director of Public Health letter to schools - 18 June 2020
- Mayor recommends schools start to implement their wider reopening plans from Monday 15 June
- Director of Public Health letter to schools - 10 June 2020
- Director of Public Health letter to schools - 4 June 2020
- Director of Public Health letter to schools - 28th May 2020