On Buy Doncaster website, you can access the following information and training:
1) Safeguarding Training for:
- Designated Safeguarding Officers
- Induction for new headteachers
- Induction for newly appointed Designated Safeguarding Officers
2) You can also book the following training:
- Introduction to the role of Designated Safeguarding Officer/refresh training
- Training the Trainer on delivering the whole school DSCB training pack
- Designated Safeguarding Officer Network Events (termly)
In addition the LA Safeguarding Officer offers a 1:1 conversation pre – post Ofsted on behaviour and safety (safeguarding) and this is highly recommended by schools. To book your conversation please contact: email@example.com
3) All Designated Safeguarding Officers must attend the mandatory DSCB Level 3 partnership working training bookable via Buy Doncaster.
4) All other mandatory and face to face training from DSCB can also be accessed on the Buy Doncaster website.
4) Designated Safeguarding Officer network meetings - To refresh/renew your Designated Safeguarding Officer status, DSPs are required to attend three of four of these meetings a year.
5) E-Safety Training / Consultancy - Our team is available to deliver e-safety training in Doncaster Schools.We can advise on your e-safety policy and also deliver CEOP training.
Other Training and Resources Available
Safeguarding whole school training pack
The training pack below is created by DSCB is for Designated Safeguarding Officers to deliver in school:
Safeguarding training for Children and Young People
Elizabeth Kirwan– NSPCC/Childline offers a free training session for all primary schools. Elizabeth attended the designated network event in July 2013. Her presentation is attached. To book your school assembly/ class safeguarding training please contact Elizabeth on:
- 07976 065223.
- NSPCC website - resources for teachers
Kidscape and also CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) offer useful video clips:
The Diana Award website also contains new materials to support anti-bullying practice. Once you gain thinkuknow training your school can use the CEOP `eye` for reporting e-safety/safeguarding concerns.