On Buy Doncaster website, you can access the following information and training:
1) Safeguarding Training for:
- Designated Safeguarding Leads & Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Induction / Support for new headteachers
- Induction / Support for newly appointed Designated Safeguarding Officers
- If you are unable to locate please email email@example.com
2) You can also book the following training:
- Introduction to the role of Designated Safeguarding Officer
- Train the Trainer - Whole School Training to Deliver Level 1 Safeguarding
- Keeping Children Safe Online
- Designated Safeguarding Officer Network Events (termly)
In addition the LA Safeguarding Manager offers a 1:1 conversation pre – post Ofsted on behaviour and safety (safeguarding) and this is highly recommended by schools. To book your conversation please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) All Designated Safeguarding Officers must attend the mandatory DSCP Level 3 partnership working training bookable via Buy Doncaster.
4) All other mandatory and face to face training from DSCP can also be accessed on the Buy Doncaster website.
4) Designated Safeguarding Officer network meetings - To refresh/renew your Designated Safeguarding Officer status, DSPs are required to attend three of four of these meetings a year.
5) E-Safety Training / Consultancy - Our team is available to deliver e-safety training in Doncaster Schools.We can advise on your e-safety policy and also deliver CEOP training.
Other Training and Resources Available
Safeguarding whole school training pack
To access training on how to deliver the whole school / setting training pack please check out the training trainer events on buy Doncaster or email email@example.com.
Safeguarding training for Children and Young People
Elizabeth Kirwan– NSPCC/Childline offers a free training session for all primary schools. To book your school assembly/ class safeguarding training please contact Elizabeth on:
- 07976 065223
THinkuKnow and CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) offer useful video clips: