We are all worried about the recent outbreak of the coronavirus and we understand that people with cancer may have other fears about how this will impact on their treatment and recovery. Support is still available!
Doncaster’s Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service based atRDaSH is still available to give you support. You can fill in a referral form which can be sent by email or post or they are still accepting telephone referrals.
- Macmillan Referral Form
- Download (72KB - DOCX)
Staff are still able to assess patients, and their family members, by telephone and refer and/or support as appropriate. Are still able to provide benefit/financial advice, emotional support, referrals to counselling, information booklets etc.
Staff are available 9 – 4pm Monday to Friday. There is also a telephone answerphone which is available and you will receive a reply within 1 working day. Helpdesk Number is 01302 796 853.
In the meantime, there is comprehensive cancer information and support available at www.macmillan.org.uk and their online community continues to provide invaluable emotional and peer support.
The Macmillan Support Line is also available on 0808 808 00 00.
There are other UK websites that also offer online chats with a specialist nurse and you can also join an online community of people who have been diagnosed with cancer or are supporting people who have cancer. However; it is vitally important that you follow any guidance your clinical nurse/practitioner has given you.
- Macmillan Coronovirus information.
- Cancer Research Coronavirus information.
- Breast Cancer Now website have a helpline run by specialist nurses available from 10am – 3pm Monday – Friday.
- Prostrate Cancer UK offer online information and an online community to chat and support each other.
- Target Ovarian Cancer is a website for women who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer