The Museum Loans Service has a rich and varied collection including natural history specimens, social history artefacts, models and artwork.
For full details of the museum loans service, including delivery and collection schedules please visit our new website.
Resources are used to provide support in the classroom after a museum/education visit; handling objects for interactive learning; and displayed exhibitions in protective plastic cases.
The loans service is a FREE service to Doncaster Local Authority (LA) schools. Academies may access this service, however, charges will apply.
Loans can be requested using the online catalogue, or if you require assistance, please contact the office.
The service is provided free to Doncaster Council schools. Charges apply to academies, independent schools and others.
- simply 'add the item' to your shopping cart and complete your details when you checkout
- payment is collected on delivery of the requested loan set.
- loans are for two weeks
- delivery and collection can also be arranged upon request for a small charge.
For Health and Safety reasons, the Reminiscence sets are not recommended for use in schools.
Conditions of loan
- items should be checked immediately on receipt
- the borrower is responsible for the care, security and safety of items on point of delivery until they are collected
- please report loss or damage immediately to the Museum Loans office
- all loss and damage will be charged to the school
- objects and paintings should not be displayed in direct sunlight or next to a room heater
- please do not attempt to repair any damaged items as this may damage the item further
- personal loans must be returned to the loans site on the return date unless prior arrangement has been made for a van collection or loan extension
- if the personal loan is not returned to the loans site on the return date an overdue charge of £10.00 per day will be made
- whilst items are on loan it is the responsibility of the loan institution to ensure items are handled appropriately by pupils, teachers and/or members of the public. No responsibility will be taken by Doncaster Council for any physical injury sustained by persons using items from Doncaster Museum Loans Service collection
- items in your care must not be placed on loan to a secondary institution
- depending on availability, loan periods can be extended by contacting the museum loans service the day before collection
- please ensure that all units are in a central area on the collection date
Open Monday to Friday 8.30a.m. to 5p.m. - visits by appointment only. Free car parking and loading area. Limited wheelchair access.
For further information, please contact us:
- email: email@example.com
- tel: 01302 875667
- address: Old Fork Lift Training Centre, High Street, Bentley, Doncaster, DN5 0AA