Whether it’s bin collections, recycling your Christmas waste and christmas trees or mental health support, on this page you can find useful links to information, support and emergency contact numbers for over the Christmas period.
*Please Note: The Customer Service Contact Centre, Civic Building One Stop Shop and other non-essential council services will be closed from 3pm on the 24th of December and will re-open on the 4th January at 8.30am.*
Useful information and support
- Coronavirus information
- Mental Health Support
- Local support (including food banks)
- Council Services and Emergency Numbers
- Christmas bin collections
- Christmas events
Useful contact numbers
Mental health support:
- Mental Health Crisis Team - 0800 804 8999 or in an emergency call 999
- Samaritans - Freephone helpline 116123, or 01302327474
- Shout - Text helpline, Text Shout to 85258
Domestic Abuse Support:
- Doncaster Domestic Abuse Hub 01302 737080 (email@example.com)
The Hub normally operates from 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Christmas opening hours:
- Christmas Eve 9am - 2pm
- CLOSED Christmas day and Boxing day
- CLOSED 27th and 28th
- 29th and 30th 9am - 4:30pm
- CLOSED 1st, 2nd & 3rd
- Back to normal 4th January
Call 101 for help or in an emergency call 999. There is also the national 24 hour domestic abuse helpline on 0808 2000247 and Men's advice line 0808 0810 327.
- Out of hours GP service - 01302 123 9990
- Same day health centre - 0300 123 3103
- Emergency dental service - Call 111
- People who are clinically extremely vulnerable can contact our helpline Monday to Friday between 8.30am – 5pm on 01302 430300.
Recycling of Christmas waste
Christmas trees and wrapping paper will not be collected in the recycling. Wrapping paper should be put in your black bin, while Christmas trees should either be cut up and put in your green bin or taken to a Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Household Waste Recycling Centres are open every day between 18th December and 3rd January, except 25th and 26th December and 1st January. Please be aware last entry will be 6.30pm at Armthorpe (5pm on 24 and 31 December) and 4.30pm at all other sites
You can recycle Christmas cards, just make sure they are plain card and don't contain things like bows, large amounts of glitter or other non-card/paper decorations.
Get Ready for Winter
In previous winters Doncaster, like much of the UK, suffered from severe bouts of weather which caused disruption and had a dramatic affect on everyday life. To help you better prepare for winter ahead, this web page contains some important information, contacts and web links.