Doncaster Town Centre Engagement Officers are our key front line service.
Town Centre Engagement Officers provide a service to visitors, residents, businesses and retailers in the town centre.
Working to support businesses, giving assistance and advice, reporting highway defects, monitoring and enforce licenses and providing a visible presence in the Town Centre.
They wear distinctive red jackets and shirts that display our logo.
What the Engagement Officers do
- Working with and visiting local businesses dealing with complaints, suggestions and providing advice
- Welcoming new businesses to the town and acting as the first point of contact for business issues
- Collating information on activities, special and regular events held by businesses in the town centre
- Monitor trends of goods and services available to the public
Making Doncaster welcoming to all
- Arrange and monitor waste and litter removal
- Build community spirit through social events
- Facilitate and support events in the Town Centre to drive footfall
- Remove fly posters
- Advice on graffiti removal
- Report highway defects, broken street furniture and street lighting
- Advise and if necessary, issue fixed penalty notices for litter and fly tipping
A Safer Town Centre
- Assist in preventing anti-social behaviour by offering high visibility patrols
- Work in partnership with other agencies such as South Yorkshire Police
- Assist in enforcement initiatives
- Help to reduce anti-social behaviour, including begging and street drinking with enforcement of the town centre Public Spaces Protection Order
- Assist with stewarding town centre events
- Respond to incidents and accidents
You may also be interested in finding out about our Public Spaces Protection Order
If you would like to report a crime, please refer to this Police.uk Reporting a Crime Guide
- Street Entertainment Policy 2021
- Download (468KB - DOCX)