You can now apply and pay online.
Please use the following link:
Requirements for a Civil Marriage Application (New & Renewal)
- Application/renewal fee- £1,360 (secular premises)/£925 (religious premises where marriages are already solemnised)
- Completed application form
- Current Fire Risk Assessment which includes the maximum number of people permitted to occupy each room in which the proceedings are intended to be held
- Public Liability insurance which confirms cover for civil marriage ceremonies
- Site Plan- aerial view of entire site
- Premises Plan which meets the below criteria:
(a) The room or rooms in which it is proposed that the marriage ceremonies should take place edged in red.
(b) The maximum occupancy figures should be shown on the plan in relation to each room.
(c) The place or places where notices of the ceremony and directions to the room are to be posted.
(d) The access to the premises and the room used by members of the public showing doorways and corridors edged
(e) The room in which the registrar may interview the couple prior to the ceremony edged green.
- Lastly, there also may be an inspection required. However, you be notified of this in advance and it can be arranged at your convenience.
Where all the requirements relating to the application have been met there is a minimum consultation of 21 days
For further information, please contact us:
Licences under consultation
Information on applications that are open for representations or comments can be viewed by following the link below
- Guidance Notes and Policy Statements for Civil Marriages 2017 (2)
- Download (120KB - PDF)