Make sure your taxi or private hire car has a sign that shows it is registered and licensed
All drivers carry identification and must produce it if asked.
Look for these important items every time you use a taxi (Hackney Carriage) or mini cab (private hire). The following items will ensure that you are travelling in safety:
- two Door Stickers - one at each side (private hire, mini cabs).
- two Plates - one back and front.
- small circular window sticker on the windscreen with test expiry date, vehicle number and registration number.
- once inside the vehicle the driver will have a badge which should be worn on his/her person.
- a small plate displaying the same number as the plates outside back and front, fixed inside, in view of the passengers.
For further information, please contact us:
- Licensing Homepage
- Hackney Carriage / Private Hire (Joint/Dual) Drivers Licence
- Hackney Carriage Vehicle (Taxi)
- Hackney Carriage Driver
- Private Hire Drivers Licence
- Private Hire Operator
- Private Hire Vehicle (minicab)
- Taxi Licensing
- Taxi Ranks
- Taxi Policy
- Licensing Enforcement
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @LicensingDMBC