What is this for?
To request a payment from the Small Business Grant and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
Eligible Businesses which as of the 11 March 2020 were eligible to:
- Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR), will receive a grant payment of £10,000.
- Rural Rate Relief (RRR), will receive a grant payment of £10,000.
- The Expanded Retail Discounts, and which have a rateable value of less than £51,000, will receive the following levels of grant payment:
- Businesses with a rateable value up to £15,000 will receive a grant payment of £10,000.
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a grant payment of £25,000.
Please note that certain exclusions apply:
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme.
- Businesses which are not ratepayers in the business rates system are not included in this scheme.
- Hereditaments occupied for personal uses are not included.
- Car Parks and parking spaces are not included.
- Business which as of the 11 March 2020 were in liquidation or were dissolved will not be eligible.
- Only one grant may be awarded per hereditament.
Businesses should be aware that grant payments are currently subject to state aid limits. This limit has recently increased to €800,000 in order to take into account the additional support needed due to COVID-19. If you believe that by receiving this grant payment that you will exceed state aid limits, please contact us.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
We will ask you to register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.
You will need your Business Rates account and Property Reference number. These can be found on your bill.
We will ask you to supply details about you, your business, and your business bank account details so that a payment can be made to you if you are eligible for the grant.
If you do not supply the required information, this may cause a delay to your request being considered.
Please do not submit repeat claims, as this will slow down our ability to make payments promptly.
What you should expect from us
Once submitted, we will check if you are eligible for a grant payment.
We aim to have processed most grant payments to eligible businesses by 24 April 2020. To help us achieve this, we ask that you do not submit repeat payment requests or contact us to follow up on your request. Doing so requires us to redirect limited resources to answer calls and individual enquiries, slowing our ability to check and process payments to everyone as quickly as possible.
If your business is eligible, a payment will be made direct to the nominated bank account you have provided on your request form. We may need to contact you if we cannot pay you the grant, or if further information is required to process your request.
More advice about the support available to businesses can be found on the following pages:
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council Tax privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.