What is this for?
We are currently experiencing high demand for the grants and we are processing applications as quickly as possible. Please try to avoid making repeat contact regarding an outstanding claim as this will affect our ability to process them.
Eligibility criteria - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
In order to be eligible for a grant payment under the LRSG (closed businesses) scheme, a business must:
- Be registered as the business rates payer to Doncaster Council, for a property entered on the non-domestic rating list.
- Must have been open as usual, and providing in-person services to customers from their business premises, then required to close for a consecutive period of no less than two weeks as a result of regulations made under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984.
- Have been forced to close due to local lock down restrictions
- From 24 October 2020 to 4 November 2020, be from the following business categories required to close under Tier 3 restrictions:
- Pubs that do not serve food
- Adult Gaming centres
- Betting shops
- Soft play areas
- From 1 November 2020, the following businesses will also be able to apply under this scheme:
- Adult entertainment venues
- From 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020, under national lock down measures, the following business types will be able to apply:
- Non-essential retail, such as clothing and homeware stores, vehicle showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops, tailors, tobacco and vape shops, electronic goods and mobile phone shops, and market stalls selling non-essential goods. These venues can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect (where goods are pre-ordered and collected off the premises) and delivery services.
- Hospitality venues, such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs.
- Leisure and sports facilities, such as leisure centres and gyms, swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, golf courses, fitness and dance studios, climbing walls, archery, driving, and shooting ranges.
- Accommodation, such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites.
- Entertainment venues such as theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, casinos, amusement arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, skating rinks, go-karting venues, soft play centres and areas, circuses, funfairs, zoos and other animal attractions, water parks, theme parks.
- Personal care facilities, such as hair, beauty, tanning and nail salons, tattoo parlours, spas, massage parlours, body and skin piercing services.
- Community centres and halls.
If you have already applied for a payment under Tier 3 restrictions, you do not need to re-apply. We will automatically consider your application and make a payment under the national scheme from 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020 as well.
Find out if your business is required to close on the Covid-19 pages of the Gov.uk website.
Grant payment amounts
The grant payable to an eligible business depends on the Rateable Value of the property (as entered on the non-domestic rating list on 23 October 2020), and the length of time the business has to remain closed. These are as follows:
Rateable Value (RV)
RV of £15,000 and under
£1,334 for 4 weeks
RV of £15,001, but less than £50,999
£2,000 for 4 weeks
RV of £51,000 and over
£3,000 for 4 weeks
Grant payments are currently subject to state aid limits. This limit has recently increased to €800,000 in order to take into account the additional support needed due to COVID-19. If you believe that by receiving this grant payment that you will exceed state aid limits, please contact us. Read more about State Aid.
The following exclusions apply:
- Business properties which are empty are excluded from this scheme.
- Takeaway businesses are considered essential retail, and are therefore not required to close under national lock down. Such businesses are not eligible to support under this scheme.
- Businesses in areas outside the scope of the restrictions, as defined by Government, are not eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to are not eligible for this grant.
- Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de-minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework are not eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of the local lockdown are not eligible for this grant.
In cases where it was factually clear to us that on the local lock down date that the non-domestic rating list was inaccurate on that date, we may withhold the grant and/or award the grant based on our view of who would have been entitled to the grant had the list been accurate. The decision to award or withhold a grant payment is entirely at the discretion of Doncaster Council.
Any changes to the rating list (rateable value or to the hereditament) after the first full day of localised restrictions and business closures regulations came into force, including changes which have been backdated to this date, are to be ignored for the purposes of eligibility. Local Authorities are not required to adjust, pay or recover grants where the rating list is subsequently amended retrospectively to the local lock down date.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
We are aware some people are having difficulty finding their business address using the address look-up system on this form. To avoid issues, please only enter your post code (using correct spacing), before selecting your address from the drop down list provided.
You will need to:
- Register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.
- Provide your Business Rates account and Property Reference number. These can be found on your bill. Please don't worry if these are not available or you do not have one. You will still be able to submit your application
- Supply details about you, your business, and your business bank account so that a payment can be made to you if you are eligible for the grant.
- Provide a copy of a business bank account statement, clearly showing the bank account holder’s name, sort code, account number and business address
If you do not supply the required information, this may cause a delay to your request being considered.
Please do not submit repeat claims, as this will slow down our ability to make payments promptly.
What you should expect from us
Once submitted, we will check if you are eligible for a grant payment and make a payment to you as soon as possible within 10 working days. If you are not eligible we will contact you by email to tell you why.
Please do not submit repeat payment requests or contact us to follow up on your request. Doing so requires us to redirect limited resources to answer calls and individual enquiries, slowing our ability to check and process payments to everyone as quickly as possible.
If your business is eligible, a payment will be made direct to the nominated bank account you have provided on your request form. We will contact you if we cannot pay you the grant, or if further information is required to process your request.
More advice about the support available to businesses can be found on the following pages:
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.