What is this for?
If you have been affected by the recent floods you can apply for a recovery grant to help with immediate needs by completing the DO IT NOW link at the bottom of this page:
For residential properties:
- The grant is up to £500 and paid direct to the household,
- Households are eligible where flood water has entered the property, or the residence considered unliveable for any period of time due to flooding.
- The grant does not apply to empty homes, second homes or student accommodation.
For business premises:
- The grant is up to £2,500 per small / medium sized business affected, as a grant paid direct to the business.
- Businesses are eligible where the business is directly impacted or has directly suffered a loss of trade as a result of the flooding that cannot be recovered from insurance.
For more information and advice about the recent floods please visit the floods frequently asked questions page.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
We will ask you to register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry and for us to tell you the outcome of your request. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.
We will ask you to provide details about you, your affected property and bank account details so that we can consider your claim and make payment to you if you are eligible.
What you should expect from us
Once submitted, we will determine whether you are eligible for the grant payment within 3 working days. If successful, payment will be made to the bank account details provided on your claim. This will be within 24 hours of your claim being processed as eligible. We may need to contact you if we cannot give you the grant payment, or if further information is required to process your claim.
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council Tax privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.