What is this for?
To apply for a Doncaster Discretionary Business Grant.
Working alongside the Sheffield City Region, funding has been secured to support home working, mobile and self-employed businesses that provide an in-person/face to face service and have suffered loss of trade because of COVID-19 and that have been unable to access any of the existing business grant schemes.
Business Doncaster is administering this grant scheme.
Grant payment amount:
All qualifying businesses will receive a one off payment of £1000.
In order to be eligible for a grant payment under the Discretionary Grant scheme you must:
- Be unable to access any other government business support packages during this period or the Self Employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS) with the exception of the Furlough support scheme.
- Be a micro/small business (fewer than 49 employees) that provides an in-person/face to face service.
- Be registered as a business before 31 December 2020.
- Confirm trading has been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- Demonstrate some business related costs e.g. business insurance costs, trade association membership costs, etc.
- Comply with De-Minimus State aid rules.
The following exclusions apply:
- Businesses that have already benefited from a Local Restrictions Grant or an Additional Restriction Grant.
- National and larger companies
- Professional services e.g. solicitors, accountants, insurance agents/financial advisers that can operate remotely
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of the national restriction for funding under this scheme.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
As part of this application, you will be required to provide details about you, your address, nature of the business, company registration number, business liability insurance and bank account details so please have these to hand before you start your application. You may also if requested need to provide a recent bank account statement.
Your application may be delayed or refused if this information is not provided.
What you should expect from us
Once we have received your application, we aim to process your request and advise you within the next 7 working days of the outcome. We appreciate that a prompt decision is required and if we are able to process your application sooner, then we will endeavour to do so.
These grants are also subject to state aid and by accepting the grant; you must confirm that you are not in breach of state aid rules.
Please do not submit repeat claims, as this will slow down our ability to make payments promptly.
The decision to award or refuse a grant payment is entirely at the discretion of Doncaster Council
Thank you for your patience and understanding.