What is this for?
We are currently experiencing high demand for the grants and we are processing applications as quickly as possible. Please try to avoid making repeat contact regarding an outstanding claim as this will affect our ability to process them.
Eligibility criteria - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
This scheme has recently been re-opened. The application window under this scheme now closes at 17:00 on 31 March 2021.
In order to be eligible for a grant payment under the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) - Supply Chain a business must:
- Be a Business located in South Yorkshire. (applications will be made to the Local authority in which the business is located )
- Operate business to business, within the South Yorkshire region.
- Show that the majority of trade was with the hospitality, accommodation, leisure and entertainment sectors.
- Have been open and trading on 13 October 2020.
- Have minimum fixed business property costs identified either by a rateable value (for existing business rate payers), or other costs such as rent or a business mortgage for businesses who are not included on the rating list, and as a result do not pay business rates. These can also include storage costs directly associated with the business.
Examples of supply chain business can include but are not restricted to:
- Booking agents
- Event Management companies
- Sporting equipment
- Catering equipment
- Travel Agents
- Outdoor Pursuits companies
- Wedding Cars
- Coach Hire
- Dry cleaning companies
- Breweries/Drink providers
- Food preparation (not retail)
- Cake companies
- Security Services
Grant payment amounts
The grant payable to an eligible business depends on the level of fixed property costs (as shown below), business activity and extent of losses.
|Fixed property costs (Rateable Value or Rent etc)||Initial Grant amount||December Top up grant amount||Total grant to be paid|
|£1 to £2,999||£500||£934||£1,434|
|£3,000 to £15,000||£934||£934||£1,868|
|£15,001 to £50,999||£1,400||£1,400||£2,800|
|£51,000 and above||£2,100||£2,100||£4,200|
- All properties with RV or Fixed costs of £3,000 or over will receive the relevant grant (one grant per property)
- For any properties with RV or Fixed costs under £3,000, one grant will be paid per business rather than per property
The following exclusions apply:
- Businesses that have already benefited from a Local Restrictions Grant or an Additional Restriction Grant.
- You must not have been able to access any other government business support during this period.Please note, this excludes the government's furlough support scheme or self-employed income scheme
- National and larger companies
- Properties that were already closed on 13 October 2020
- Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de-minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework are not eligible for this grant.
- Businesses in areas outside the scope of the restrictions, as defined by Government, are not eligible for this grant.
- Businesses run from domestic properties with no business fixed property costs.
- Professional services that can operate remotely, such as accountants
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of the local lockdown are not eligible for this grant.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
We are aware some people are having difficulty finding their business address using the address look-up system on this form. To avoid issues, please only enter your post code (using correct spacing), before selecting your address from the drop down list provided.
You will need to:
- Register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.
- Provide your Business Rates account and Property Reference number. These can be found on your bill. Please don't worry if these are not available or you do not have one. You will still be able to submit your application
- Provide details about your business and evidence of fixed property costs if you are not a registered business rates payer and evidence of insurance. You may also be asked to supply evidence of losses and certain marketing information. A delay to processing your application may arise if this information isn’t provided.
- Provide a copy of a business bank account statement, clearly showing the bank account holder’s name, sort code, account number and business address
If you do not supply the required information, this may cause a delay to your request being considered.
This funding is limited and once Doncaster’s allocation has been used, no further applications can be considered and any outstanding applications will be rejected.
These grants are also subject to state aid and by accepting any grant you must confirm that you are not in breach of state aid rules.
Please do not submit repeat claims, as this will slow down our ability to make payments promptly.
CLOSING DATE: This scheme has recently been re-opened. The application window under this scheme now closes at 17:00 on 31 March 2021.
What you should expect from us
Once submitted, we will check if you are eligible for a grant payment and make a payment to you as soon as possible within 10 working days. If you are not eligible we will contact you by email to tell you why.
Please do not submit repeat payment requests or contact us to follow up on your request. Doing so requires us to redirect limited resources to answer calls and individual enquiries, slowing our ability to check and process payments to everyone as quickly as possible.
If your business is eligible, a payment will be made direct to the nominated bank account you have provided on your request form. We will contact you if we cannot pay you the grant, or if further information is required to process your request.
More advice about the support available to businesses can be found on the following pages:
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.