What is this for?
We are currently experiencing high demand for the grants and we are processing applications as quickly as possible. Please try to avoid making repeat contact regarding an outstanding claim as this will affect our ability to process them.
To apply for a one off grant payment of £1,000 to support licensed taxi drivers.
In order to be eligible for a grant payment, the licensed taxi driver must:
- Be registered as a licensed taxi driver with Doncaster Council on 14 October 2020.
- Operate as a licensed taxi drivers in the South Yorkshire area.
The bank account details provided for payment must belong to the applicant licensed taxi driver. Payments will not be made to a 3rd party bank account.
The decision to award or withhold a grant payment is entirely at the discretion of Doncaster Council.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
We are aware some people are having difficulty finding their business address using the address look-up system on this form. To avoid issues, please only enter your post code (using correct spacing), before selecting your address from the drop down list provided.
You will need to:
- Register for a MyDoncaster account if you haven’t already. This will allow you to track your enquiry. You will also be able to access additional online services offered by us.
- Provide your licence details. This can be found on your licensed taxi driver badge.
- Supply details about you, your address, and your bank account so that a payment can be made to you if you are eligible for the grant.
- Provide a copy of a recent bank account statement, clearly showing the bank account holder’s name (this must be the account of the licensed taxi driver), address, account number, sort code and address
If you do not supply the required information, this may cause a delay to your request being considered.
Please do not submit repeat claims, as this will slow down our ability to make payments promptly.
What you should expect from us
Once submitted, we will check if you are eligible for a grant payment and make a payment to you as soon as possible within 10 working days. If you are not eligible we will contact you by email to tell you why.
Please do not submit repeat payment requests or contact us to follow up on your request. Doing so requires us to redirect limited resources handle repeat enquiries, slowing our ability to check and process payments to everyone as quickly as possible.
If you are eligible, a payment will be made direct to the nominated bank account you have provided on your request form. We will contact you if we cannot pay you the grant, or if further information is required to process your request.
More advice about the support available to businesses can be found on the following pages:
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.