What is this for?
To apply for a payment from the Household Support Fund.
The Government has provided funding for Doncaster Council to support households who would otherwise struggle to buy food or pay essential utility bills or meet other essential living costs. The funding is to help residents who meet the eligibility criteria between 06/10/21 and 31/03/22.
Who can apply for a payment?
Doncaster Council has decided to use the fund as follows;
- Provision of food by way of vouchers for each child eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals for the October, Christmas and February school holiday weeks (£15 per week). Vouchers will be available from schools. Please contact your child's school.
- To provide 1 payment for food for each child in the household who is not eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals where the parent/guardian is receiving any of the following; Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit or Universal Credit that includes housing costs in the calculation.
- For school aged children the payment will be £15 per child per week up to a maximum of 5 weeks.
- For non-school age children the payment will be £15 per child per week up to a maximum of 4 weeks.
- Working-age parents/guardians who
a) have a child/children in the household eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals, and
b) who are the liable party for rent and/or council tax
- Working-age parents/guardians with a child/children in the household not eligible for benefits-related Free School meals, where the parent/guardian is receiving any of the following; Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit or Universal Credit that includes housing costs in the calculation
- Working-age single people and couples with no children who are receiving Council Tax Reduction, Housing Benefit or Universal Credit that includes housing costs in the calculation.
Payments for fuel are not awarded to those of pension-age as you will qualify for a Government winter fuel payment.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
For children eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals, you must contact the child’s school to request the food vouchers for your child.
You must upload evidence of your bank account when submitting your application.
If you are unable to upload your bank details when applying, you can email them to HouseholdSupportFund@doncaster.gov.uk You must state the claim reference number you will be given on submitting your application, this will begin with 201001
We will ask you to provide
- Your name, address, date of birth and National Insurance number
- Your email address and phone number
- If you have children, we will need their name, date of birth, school attended (if applicable) and if they are receiving benefits-related Free School Meals
- Your bank account details and a copy of a recent bank statement or your bank card. This must be the account into which the payment is to be made. Payments can only be made into the applicant's bank account.
What you should expect from us
Once submitted, we aim to process your request as soon as practicably possible.
Food awards will not be paid before 12 December 2021.
Energy awards will not be paid before 9 January 2022.
We will notify you of the outcome of your application by email.
All grants will be awarded by 31 March 2022.
MoneyHelper brings together the support and services of three government-backed financial guidance providers: the Money Advice Service, the Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise.
Visit: www.moneyhelper.org.uk/ for further information
If you need any further assistance, or to provide further evidence, please contact us by email at HouseholdSupportFund@doncaster.gov.uk, or by telephone on 01302 735336 (option 1).
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council Tax privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.