What is this for?
To apply for a Covid Winter Grant
The Covid Winter Grant Scheme has been made available from 01/12/20 to 31/03/21 to support those most in need of financial assistance as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, where alternative sources of assistance may be unavailable. The purpose of the grant is to provide support over the winter months to households who are experiencing, or are at risk of experiencing poverty. Help is available towards the following expenses;
- Utilities (gas and electric), water and sewerage bills
- Purchase of essential white goods, including fridge, freezers and ovens
- boiler service/repairs
- warm clothing and blankets.
Who can apply for a grant?
Doncaster Council has decided to use the grant as follows;
- Provision of food by way of hampers or supermarket vouchers for each child eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals for the 2 week Christmas holiday period and for February half-term week. We are working with the schools to identify the children for the above awards, you do not need to make a request.
- Provision of food by way of a supermarket voucher for households with a child/children of non-school age where maximum Council Tax Reduction is in payment.
- Provision of fuel by way of a voucher to each household that includes;
- children eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals, or
- children of non-school age where maximum Council Tax Reduction is in payment to the household
A maximum of one fuel voucher will be awarded per household.
Funding has also been provided to the foodbanks, the hygiene bank and the Local Assistance Scheme.
What is it going to cost?
What we need from you
For children eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals, you will be sent a hamper or contacted about a voucher, you are not required to make a request for this award.
To make a request for under points 2 and 3 above you must complete the Covid Winter Grant request on the Do it Now button below. If you are eligible will notify you by text or email.
To apply for help from the Local Assistance fund further details are available on the Local Assistance page
What you should expect from us
Once Submitted, we aim to process your request as soon as practically possible. All grants will be awarded by 31 March 2021.
More advice about the support available to residents affected by Covid-19 can be found on the following page:
The Council is committed to meeting its data protection obligations and handling your information securely. You should make sure you read and understand the Council Tax privacy notice, which sets out what you need to know about how Doncaster Council will use your information in the course of our work.