Following her successful re-election as Doncaster Mayor last week, Ros Jones has announced a new look cabinet today.
Her cabinet – made up equally of male and female councillors – has been reshaped to address Doncaster’s ambitions including the green agenda and climate change action as well as pushing ahead with the borough’s regeneration and managing the response and recovery to the pandemic.
Mayor Ros will be overall responsible for the budget and policy direction whilst Deputy Mayor, Cllr Glyn Jones will focus on housing and business.
New faces to the cabinet include Cllr Mark Houlbrook who will lead on the Sustainability and Waste portfolio which includes Climate Change and he will also be the Armed Forces Champion. Cllr Andrea Robinson also joins the cabinet as portfolio holder for Adult Social Care and Cllr Lani-Mae Ball will lead on Education, Skills and Young People. Cllr Phil Cole becomes the cabinet member for Finance.
The full list of cabinet members are:
- Mayor of Doncaster and Lead for Budget and Policy – Ros Jones
- Deputy Mayor and Lead for Housing and Business – Cllr Glyn Jones
- Highways, Infrastructure and Enforcement – Cllr Joe Blackham
- Sustainability and Waste – Cllr Mark Houlbrook
- Adult Social Care – Cllr Andrea Robinson
- Finance – Cllr Phil Cole
- Education, Skills and Young People – Cllr Lani-Mae Ball
- Children’s Social Care, Communities and Equalities – Cllr Rachael Blake
- Corporate Resources – Cllr Jane Nightingale
- Public Health, Leisure, Culture and Planning – Cllr Nigel Ball
Mayor Ros said:
“My ambition for the borough remains undented, I have appointed a cabinet that will push Doncaster forward, tackling our big issues including; Covid recovery, economic growth, caring for the most vulnerable, tackling climate change, enhancing our environment, boosting the educational achievements of our young people and promoting all age learning and skills for our residents.
“As our new journey begins my 10-year strategy will be introduced to deliver thriving People, Places and Planet. As a society we must act now to tackle the climate crisis and ensure we leave a safe and healthy planet for future generations.
“I want all parts of the borough to benefit, me and my cabinet will work with all councillors to bring real change and improvements for our people and our places. Doncaster is a large and wonderful borough, with amazing communities and I want to maximise and focus on our opportunities, so will be leading with ambition, determination and pace.”
- Category: General