- Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
- includes theory and practical instruction using specialised equipment, and individual practical work and group scenarios. Delegates will be assessed by the tutor throughout the day and must pass each section to qualify for the award
The objective of this qualification is to support learners in becoming emergency first aiders in the workplace. The content of the qualification meets the HSE requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED, providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves work place first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
Duration: 1 day
Times: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Upcoming Date: 05/02/2018, 26/02/2018, 14/03/2018, 21/03/2018
- you must take proof of your ID to the course, (for you to be issued with a certificate)
- for example; your passport or driving licence plus something to confirm your address such as a recent utility bill, bank statement etc
- if you don’t have a passport or driving licence, you need to provide two documents that can confirm your identity and address.
To book your place:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- tel: 01302 862655
When booking a place please provide your contact email address and payment arrangements.
- any cancellation 10 working days or less to the course commencement date will incur a cancellation charge