The News / Notices Page is to allow Parents & Professionals to see new updates.
- New Special School - Communications and Interaction - Special Educational Needs
- Short Breaks Capital Equipment Grant Fund
Tell us what you think...
As part of ongoing consultation we need your feedback about the Local Offer; how easy was it to use, any comments or suggestions?
Short Breaks Statement 2017
- Short Breaks 1.4-1
- Download (649KB)
Supporting Families of Children with SEND
The NEW Local Offer
- The NEW Doncaster Local Offer
- Download (180KB)
Transfer of the Children with Disabilities Team and Oaklands Short break provision
- Social Care Services for Disabled Children
- Download (222KB)
Community Paediatrics - Changes to Pathway for General Developmental Assessment
- Community Paediatric Leaflet
- Download (695KB)
Doncaster Carers Service
- ecircular September 2017
- Download (342KB)
- ecircular October 2017
- Download (429KB)
- November e-circular
- Download (797KB)
Doncaster Parent Voice (DPV) - Update
- Work carried out by DPV - May 2016
- Download (115KB)
- May 2016 Newsletter
- Download (1.97MB)
- Doncaster Parents Voice Presentation June 2017
- Download (1.19MB)
- DPV August 2017 Newsletter
- Download (881KB)
Disabled Living Newsletter
- New Blogs by Disabled Living
- Stop Motion Animation
- Disabled Holiday Information
- Training at Disabled Living
- Moving and Handling Children
- Moving and Handling 5 day Train the Trainer
- Memory and Rummage Boxes for People with Dementia
- Kidz to Adultz South
- Disabled Living Supplier Directory
- Safety for Wheelchair Users on Trains
- Makaton® Foundation Workshop
- Inclusion North are Looking for New Members for their Advisory Council!
- Product Demonstrations at Disabled Living
To view a basic text version of this newsletter please click here.
The Autism Family Practitioner Service moved from the RDASH NHS to Local Authority (ASCETS, Education) on 1st April 2016.
Visual Impairment Awareness Course
If so, this one-day course will give you more of an understanding of what it is like to live with sight loss and how to guide and support someone with a visual impairment.
This is a full day course which will incorporate information on the main causes of visual impairment with practical tasks whilst wearing simulator spectacles and sighted guide training facilitated by our own Low Vision Therapist.
- Booking form 2017
- Download (12KB)
- VI Training 7.11.17
- Download (276KB)
Mental Health and Well Being Local Transformation Plan
The Mental Health and Well Being Local Transformation Plan details the current state of play and what we will aim to do over the next five years to improve services.
- Doncaster Local Transformation Plan
- Download (5.1MB)
- Finalised Data Collection Template
- Download (183KB
Multi - Agency Early Help Strategy for Children, Young People and their Families
“Providing early help is more effective in promoting the welfare of children than reacting later. Early help means providing support as soon as a problem emerges, at any point in a child’s life, from the foundation years through to the teenage years. Early help can also prevent further problems arising, for example, if it is provided as part of a support plan where a child has returned home to their family from care.
Effective early help relies upon local agencies working together to:
- identify children and families who would benefit from early help;
- undertake an assessment of the need for early help; and
- provide targeted early help services to address the assessed needs of a
child and their family which focuses on activity to significantly improve
the outcomes for the child.
Local authorities, under section 10 of the Children Act 2004, have a responsibility to promote inter-agency cooperation to improve the welfare of children.
- MultiAgency Early Help Strategy 2016
- Download (7.03MB)
Doncaster Local Authority's amended Transfer Plan from Statements and S139a Learning Difficulties Assessments - March 2015
- Transfer Plan
- Download (368KB)
- Appendix 1 - responses to consultation
- Download (134KB)
- Progress report on Year Two of the Transfer Plan 2016-17
- Download (92KB)
- GANNT Chart of statement transitions (Sept 2016)
- Download (182KB)
Parent Carers Drop In - 8th March 2018
- A5 Parent Carer Drop In Leaflet Mar 18
- Download (266KB - PDF)
Parent / Carer Sessions - Feb 2018
- Parent Carer Sessions Feb 18
- Download (53KB - PDF)
Bentley Conversation Point
- Download (328KB)
Doncaster Parents Voice (DPV)
- DPV - First tuesday of every month - Karaoke, Dancing, Games, Prizes
- Download (443KB)
Partially Sighted Conference - 9th March 2018
- Partially Sighted Conference
- Download (173KB - PDF)
We've organised events and met with various groups across the borough to collect feedback about the Local Offer, ensuring that it's as useful to people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), their carers and to professionals involved with SEND people as possible. Please find details of these below.
21 June 2017 - SENCo Network Meeting
- Feedback from SENCo Network Meeting
- Download (141KB)
14 June 2017 - SENCo Cluster Meeting
- Feedback from SENCo Cluster meeting
- Download (149KB)
22 January 2015 - Local Offer event at Doncaster Racecouse
Doncaster Council's SEN Team and Families Information Service organised an event held at the Doncaster Racecourse to promote the Local Offer and services available to families.
Please see below details of feedback from the event:
- Local Offer Event - Doncaster Racecourse
- Download (650KB)
8 September 2015 - Stone Hill School Youth Council
Families Information Service (FIS) visited Stone Hill Special School to meet with the Youth Council to gain their feedback on the Local Offer. We talked students through the website and received some positive feedback.
Please see the details below:
- Stone Hill Youth Council
- Download (188KB)
28 May 2014 - Doncaster Council Youth Council
Families Information Service (FIS) met with DMBC Youth Councillors which is made up of young people including:
- Area Youth Council
- Children in Care Council
- Barnardo’s Young Carers Council
- Disability Forum Representatives
- Members of Doncaster’s Youth Parliament.
A presentation was delivered to the group and they were able to ask questions and positive feedback was received. Due to time constraints and ICT problems unfortunately no formal feedback was collated.
FIS sent through the evaluation link to the Youth Council and we believe that some feedback has been provided (please see the local offer response and feedback documents in the Downloads and Resources section of this page).
15 May 2014 - LADDER group
Families Information Service (FIS) attended the LADDER Group at Wheatley Youth Club to meet with young people with special educational needs and disabilities to gain their feedback on the Local Offer. We spoke to 7 young people and gained some very good comments and identified gaps where we are missing information.
Please see the document below for further information
- LADDER Group
- Download (116KB)
For a full list of services and support provided as part of the Local Offer, visit our main page below: