The News / Notices Page is to allow Parents & Professionals to see new updates.
- New Special School - Communications and Interaction - Special Educational Needs
- Short Breaks Capital Equipment Grant Fund
Doncaster are committed to co-producing the Local Offer with children, young people, families and partner agencies. Please come along to the support groups and information sessions listed below.
There are currently SEND Parent / Carer sessions running across Doncaster. The purpose of these sessions are to discuss the Local Offer and SEND in Doncaster.
Primary Age Parent / Carer Sessions:
- Central Family Hub (Welcome Way, Doncaster, DN1 3LE) on the 15th October 2018 from 3.30pm - 5pm. - Thank you to families who attended. Feedback to follow.
- Moorends Family Hub (The Hedgerow, Marshland Road, Moorends, Doncaster, DN8 4SB) on the 13th November 2018 from 3.30pm - 5pm. - Thank you to families who attended. Feedback to follow.
- Wheatley Family Hub (Old School Way, Beckett Road, Wheatley, Doncaster, DN2 4AJ) on the 14th November 2018 from 9:30am - 11am. - Thank you to families who attended. Feedback to follow.
- Bentley Family Hub (Whisper in the Willow Family Hub, The Avenue, Bentley, Doncaster, DN5 0NP) on the 20th November 2018 from 3.30pm - 5pm. - Thank you to families who attended. Feedback to follow.
Early Years, Secondary and Post 16 sessions will be organised over the forthcoming months.
A group of children and young people met on the 28th November at Heatherwood School to discuss and view Doncaster's Local Offer.
Children and young people came from Heatherwood, Stone Hill, North Ridge, Penine View, Doncaster College & the LADDER Group, feedback and results will follow.
Thank you to those who took part, we look forward to the next one.
If you're a young person and interested in having your voice heard, contact the LADDER Group on 01302 637566.
- Learning Disability and Autism Engagement Flyer
- Download (476KB - PDF)
Friday 7th December 2018. 10am - 12:30pm.
Doncaster Carers Centre, 2 Regents Terrace, Doncaster, DN1 2EE
Family Fund is the UK's largest charity providing grants for families on low income raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people.
Come along and find out more about the grants and services we offer.
For further information about Family Fund or to ask any questions, please email: email@example.com or visit www.familyfund.org.uk
- DPV Family Fund Coffee Morning - 07.12.18
- Download (295KB - PDF)
Tell us what you think...
As part of ongoing consultation we need your feedback about the Local Offer; how easy was it to use, any comments or suggestions?
Single Route of Redress – National Trial
The Government have extended the powers of the SEND Tribunal to make non-binding recommendations about the health and social care aspects of Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans. This is a two-year trial from 3rd April 2018. For more about this, please read:
- Download (142KB - PDF)
Short Breaks Statement 2017
- Short Breaks 1.4-1
- Download (649KB)
Supporting Families of Children with SEND
Transfer of the Children with Disabilities Team and Oaklands Short break provision
- Social Care Services for Disabled Children
- Download (222KB)
Community Paediatrics - Changes to Pathway for General Developmental Assessment
- Community Paediatric Leaflet
- Download (695KB)
Doncaster Parent Voice (DPV) - Update
- Doncaster Parents Voice Presentation
- Download (1.19MB - PPTX)
- DPV Diary Dates Sept- Dec 18
- Download (202KB - DOCX)
- DPV Introdution Sept 2018
- Download (90KB - DOCX)
LADDER Group - Report
- Report Jan to Sept 2018
- Download (30KB - DOCX)
Mental Health and Well Being Local Transformation Plan
The Mental Health and Well Being Local Transformation Plan details the current state of play and what we will aim to do over the next five years to improve services.
- Doncaster Local Transformation Plan
- Download (5.1MB)
- Finalised Data Collection Template
- Download (183KB
Multi - Agency Early Help Strategy for Children, Young People and their Families
“Providing early help is more effective in promoting the welfare of children than reacting later. Early help means providing support as soon as a problem emerges, at any point in a child’s life, from the foundation years through to the teenage years. Early help can also prevent further problems arising, for example, if it is provided as part of a support plan where a child has returned home to their family from care.
Effective early help relies upon local agencies working together to:
- identify children and families who would benefit from early help;
- undertake an assessment of the need for early help; and
- provide targeted early help services to address the assessed needs of a
child and their family which focuses on activity to significantly improve
the outcomes for the child.
Local authorities, under section 10 of the Children Act 2004, have a responsibility to promote inter-agency cooperation to improve the welfare of children.
- MultiAgency Early Help Strategy 2016
- Download (7.03MB)
Doncaster Local Authority’s amended Transfer Plan, Year 3 Progress report and final Progress Report
- Transfer Plan
- Download (368KB)
- Appendix 1 - responses to consultation
- Download (134KB)
- Progress report on Year Three of the Transfer Plan 2016-17 Transfer Plan
- Download (92KB - DOCX)
- Final Progress report on Doncaster's 2017-18 Transfer Plan
- Download (86KB - DOCX)
- GANNT Chart of statement transitions (Sept 2016)
- Download (182KB)
We've organised events and met with various groups across the borough to collect feedback about the Local Offer, ensuring that it's as useful to people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), their carers and to professionals involved with SEND people as possible. Please find details of these below.
21 June 2017 - SENCo Network Meeting
- Feedback from SENCo Network Meeting
- Download (141KB)
14 June 2017 - SENCo Cluster Meeting
- Feedback from SENCo Cluster meeting
- Download (149KB)
22 January 2015 - Local Offer event at Doncaster Racecouse
Doncaster Council's SEN Team and Families Information Service organised an event held at the Doncaster Racecourse to promote the Local Offer and services available to families.
Please see below details of feedback from the event:
- Local Offer Event - Doncaster Racecourse
- Download (650KB)
8 September 2015 - Stone Hill School Youth Council
Families Information Service (FIS) visited Stone Hill Special School to meet with the Youth Council to gain their feedback on the Local Offer. We talked students through the website and received some positive feedback.
Please see the details below:
- Stone Hill Youth Council
- Download (188KB)
28 May 2014 - Doncaster Council Youth Council
Families Information Service (FIS) met with DMBC Youth Councillors which is made up of young people including:
- Area Youth Council
- Children in Care Council
- Barnardo’s Young Carers Council
- Disability Forum Representatives
- Members of Doncaster’s Youth Parliament.
A presentation was delivered to the group and they were able to ask questions and positive feedback was received. Due to time constraints and ICT problems unfortunately no formal feedback was collated.
FIS sent through the evaluation link to the Youth Council and we believe that some feedback has been provided (please see the local offer response and feedback documents in the Downloads and Resources section of this page).
15 May 2014 - LADDER group
Families Information Service (FIS) attended the LADDER Group at Wheatley Youth Club to meet with young people with special educational needs and disabilities to gain their feedback on the Local Offer. We spoke to 7 young people and gained some very good comments and identified gaps where we are missing information.
Please see the document below for further information
- LADDER Group
- Download (116KB)
For a full list of services and support provided as part of the Local Offer, visit our main page below: