The Doncaster ITT Partnership
The Partnership was formed in 2002 to help Doncaster schools recruit, train and retain qualified teachers through ‘home-grown’ school-based training. Since then the Partnership has trained hundreds of primary and secondary teachers:
- most chose to stay and teach in Doncaster - often in their training school
- many have secured senior management positions and some are now responsible for coordinating and delivering teacher training in their own schools
Our most recent Ofsted Inspection (report published 20 July 2012) rated the Partnership as an overall 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features – inc. recruitment and selection and trainee attainment.
The Partnership is accredited to deliver three ITT programmes:
- School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) – tuition-fees apply
- School Direct – tuition-fees apply
- School Direct (Salaried) – for high-quality applicants with significant classroom experience
For additional information on each of these training programmes and to check the current application situation, visit:
Teachers make a real difference to young people's lives; underpinning society today and helping to build a stronger one for tomorrow. It is a varied role, where no two days are the same. Could teaching be the role for you?
Criteria and qualifications required
The minimum criteria and qualifications for entry into Initial Teacher Training (ITT) that applicants must have:
- at least a 2:2 degree (or equivalent) to be entitled to funding - applicants with lower classified degrees can still apply to non-funded teacher (tuition-fee paying) training routes
- a Grade C* or above (or equivalent) GCSE in maths and English
- a Grade C* or above (or equivalent) GCSE in science if wishing to teach primary age pupils
- passed two professional skills tests (numeracy and literacy) – go to: Skills tests for further information
NB* - a Level-2 NVQ/GNVQ is not deemed to have the 'breadth of knowledge' necessary for teacher training, so is not seen as equivalent to a Grade C GCSE.
For further enquiries please contact:
- tel: 01302 737046