Doncaster Schools Catering have recently been awarded Silver Food for Life accreditation for their menus. After 2 years at Bronze they have “stepped up” to Silversilver.
The Silver award continues the criteria of the Bronze plus the inclusion of Organic produce on the menus which in our case includes Minced beef, Yoghurt, Milk, Pasta, Carrots, and Freedom Food Turkey and Sliced Ham and ensures we source ethical and environmentally friendly food, make healthy eating easier and champion local food producers
It can often be difficult to find out where your food has come from, how it was produced and what ingredients it contains when you are eating outside of your home.
The Food for Life Catering Mark is your guarantee that fresh, additive free, good quality, animal friendly food is always on the menu.
The Silver Catering Mark guarantees that:
- our food is fresh
- our menus are seasonal
- our food is free from controversial additives like aspartame and MSG
- all of our food is free from trans fats
- we don’t use any GM ingredients
- all of our meat is from animals farmed to British animal welfare standards
- all of our eggs are Yorkshire Free Range
- we don’t serve fish which is on the Marine Conservation Society ‘Fish to Avoid’ list
- we comply with national guidelines on food and nutrition
- we make more than 75 per cent of our meals from scratch in our own kitchens
- our pork is from Marr Grange farm in Doncaster
- we use Yorkshire Beef and British Chicken
- most of our vegetables and herbs are from Yorkshire
To find out more about the Food for Life Catering Mark, or see which organisations have achieved it, visit the SOIL association website.