Become a Friend of Doncaster Museums
The Friends of Doncaster Museums hold regular meetings and events, with volunteers assisting in projects at both sites. Our Friends are important to us. They help purchase items for our significant historic collection and work with curators to help improve our displays and conserve objects. A separate Friends group is in operation for the Park at Cusworth Hall.
Benefits of joining the Friends of Doncaster Museums:
• make it your favourite creative place to meet friends
• hear first-hand from artists and experts
• grow your knowledge
• revisit favourite exhibitions
• escape from life's hustle and bustle in our quiet spaces
• roll your sleeves up and get involved
• make new friends
• special Friends events
• interesting talks on a variety of subjects
How to join
You can join the Friends Membership Scheme by picking up a 'Join leaflet' from either of our sites and once completed return the application form to:
- The Treasurer FODM, Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery, Chequer Road, Doncaster DN1 2AE
Partnerships are vital to the success and work of both Doncaster Museum & Art Gallery and Cusworth Hall and Park. By working with others we can help to keep Doncaster's rich history and heritage alive.
The Museum Service provides professional support to the work of Aeroventure; a vast collection of British Jets and helicopters displayed in the historic aircraft hangar, built in 1940. Sited at Doncaster Lakeside, the Museum occupies the last part of the former Doncaster airfield, the site also features other buildings of the wartime period which are part of a long-term restoration scheme to return them to use. The collection of aircraft and buildings being restored by the South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum are on view during your visit.
Aircraft on view: D.H. Vampire T11, Westland Scout, Whirlwind H.A.R. 10, Wessex, Bell Sioux and many others.
For more information on this museum please see www.aeroventure.org.uk
- What's on at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery
- Room hire page
- Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery
- School visits at the Museum
- Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry Museum
For further information, please contact us:
- email: museumD@doncaster.gov.uk
- tel: 01302 734293
- address: Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery, Chequer Road, Doncaster, DN1 2AE