Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery was opened in 1964 to display important collections of natural history, archaeology, local history, fine and decorative art. There is also a large and varied temporary exhibition programme throughout the year, as well as special activities for all ages.
- Wednesday to Friday- 10am to 4:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday- 10:30am to 4pm
- Monday and Tuesday- closed
Last admission 15 minutes before closing.
Opening hours may vary throughout the year, please check before visiting.
Admission is free at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery.
Free parking is available to visitors. Please be sure to register your car at the museum reception. For further information, see the car parks leaflet attached to this page.
Bus and train
Easily reached from the town centre, a 10 minute walk from the Interchange, straight up Hallgate, right at the traffic lights, and then left at the mini roundabout down Chequer Road. The number 91 bus from the Interchange stops on route.
Please download the Access Statement and The Doncaster Museum & Art Gallery Story for full details
Join the mailing list:
Simply fill in the eform below with your details, indicate what activities you are interested in and we will email you information:
Donations to the museum
Contact the museum on 01302 734293 and they will put you in touch with the appropriate member of staff to arrange an appointment. Please do not bring objects into the museum without an appointment.
- What's on at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery
- Room hire page
- Doncaster Museums service
- School visits at the Museum
- Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry Museum
For further information, please contact us:
- email: museumD@doncaster.gov.uk
- tel: 01302 734293
- address: Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery, Chequer Road, Doncaster, DN1 2AE
- Access Statement for Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery
- Download (5.75MB)
- Doncaster Museum Art Gallery Story
- Download (4.96MB)
- Meeting Room Hire Flyer
- Download (1.55MB)
- Doncaster car parks
- Download (518KB)