HWRC permits

Do I need a permit for my vehicle?

The following vehicles need a permit to access a Household Waste Recycling Centre:

1. cars towing a trailer,
2. small vans (under 1.8 m)
3. 4x4 pick-ups
4. vans over 1.8m but can only use Armthorpe HWRC (Luton-type box vans are not allowed onto site)
5. flat-bed pick-ups
6. mini buses

To obtain a Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) vehicle permit, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions:

  1. you must be a resident of Doncaster
  2. only one permit is allowed per residential property
  3. permits only give permission to access a nominated site and do not guarantee the acceptance/disposal of any types or quantity of waste at site
  4. HWRCs can only accept household waste generated by your own household- anyone found to be disposing of Commercial or Industrial (Trade) waste will have their permit withdrawn
  5. permits are not transferable and are only valid for the vehicle and the one site indicated on your application (unless you need to use an alternative site when your nominated site is closed)
  6. no sign written or hire vehicles will be issued with a permit to access the site
  7. the permit must be displayed in the vehicle windscreen or access to the site will be refused
  8. the permit is valid for two years, however if your vehicle or address details change you must let us know on 01302 736000 or visit your local Customer Service Centre with supporting documentation (e.g. log book, utility bill, council tax bill)

How to apply for or renew your permit

If your permit has expired, a new permit application must be made as the Council needs proof that you are still the registered keeper of the vehicle and are still residing at the same address.

Or call 01302 736000 for an application form to be posted to you.

Supporting documents

Please note that we will only be able to issue your permit when we have received the completed application form and photocopies of:

  • your car registration document (log book)
  • and a recent utility (gas, electric, water, council tax) bill

The Council will destroy all documents received with the application form once it has been processed and stringent checks made. The Council will take no responsibility for the loss of any original documents supplied.

Please send these documents to:

  • Doncaster Council, Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU

More information

Last updated: 07 February 2018 08:06:11