Doncaster Council is preparing a new Local Plan that will have a big influence on the amount and location of new development across the borough in the period up to 2032.
Revised draft vision, aims and objectives (March 2016)
This document shows the revisions to the draft vision, aims and objectives taking account of the comments received during the consultation. It also includes a table showing how those comments have been taken into account in updating the vision, aims and objectives. These are still draft as they are still to be approved with the rest of the plan when it will be considered by Full Council, however council has noted that publishing them on the website will assist with the engagement process.
- Draft Revised Vision, Aims and Objectives
- Download (573KB)
Consultation summary of responses (2016)
Following the close of the summer 2015 consultation, a summary report has now been published which sets out all of the consultation comments received, and how they have been taken into account in working up the revised draft vision, aims and objectives. The Consultation Summary Report is available to view below:
- Summary of Responses
- Download (896KB)
Consultation: July 2015
The draft vision, aims and objectives consultation paper from the summer 2015 Issues and Options consultation set out a vision for the future of the borough and the aims and objectives we think necessary to achieve this. The paper provided a portrait of the borough now and summarises the issues and other plans and strategies that the Local Plan needs to take account of.
We consulted on the following two documents:
- Vision, Aims and Objectives – This paper sets down a vision for the future of the borough and the aims and objectives we think are necessary to achieve this. The paper provides a portrait of the borough now and summarises the issues and other plans and strategies that the Local Plan needs to take account of.
- Vision Aims and Objectives
- Download (1.86MB)
- Issues and Options – This sets out the scope and purposes of the Local Plan and the process for producing it. The paper sets out some important choices that need to be made about where development should take place. It proposes three broad options for where to locate growth across the borough and so meet the vision, aims and objectives.
- Issues and Options
- Download (1.93MB)
Background studies & research
The Local Plan will be supported by a number of background and research studies some of which have been produced and can be viewed using the links below where applicable. Please note some are currently being prepared and will be made available when complete.
Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report sets out the approach that will be used to predict, appraise and monitor the effects of the Doncaster Local Plan. It also summarises the main issues and challenges facing the borough based on the latest baseline evidence and includes a review of relevant plans and programmes that will inform the preparation of the Doncaster Local Plan.
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report
- Download (3.73MB)
Sustainability Appraisal of Doncaster’s Growth Options assesses the advantages and disadvantages of the potential growth options to inform the preferred approach within the Doncaster Local Plan.
- Sustainability Appraisal of Doncaster's growth options
- Download (1.24MB)
For more information or questions about our Local Plan and consultation, you can contact us via
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01302 734419