|Date Decision to be Made||04/07/2012 (View Decision History)|
|Decision Report||View the decision report for Gypsy and Traveller Review|
|Decision Record||View the decision record for Gypsy and Traveller Review|
|Decision to be taken||Gypsy and Traveller Review|
|Wards affected||Adwick, Thorne, Torne Valley|
|Decision to be taken by||Cabinet|
|Final date for submission of representations||31/01/2011 Housing Options Manager, Tel: 01302 862070|
|Principal consultees||SSSC O&S Panel, Housing Task Group, Members of Council, Key Partners and Stakeholders and the Gypsy & Traveller Community|
|Documents to be considered by decision maker||none|
|Reason for exemption||Not Exempt|
(1) agree the findings of the Gypsy and Traveller (G&T) accommodation needs' assessment and the strategy to meet those needs; and
(2) note the progress of the refurbishment scheme at the Gibbons Lane site and the extension scheme at Land's End site to help address unmet Gypsy and Traveller accommodation needs following a successful bid to the HCA for £1.44m external funding (subject to specific scheme approval once HCA contract is received).
(3) more consultation is undertaken with communities on the proposed options for the Gibbons Lane and Lands End sites. Also, a cost/benefit analysis is undertaken for both sites, including the potential for selling Gibbons Lane.
(4) discussions are undertaken with the Homes and Communities Agency regarding the opportunity to transfer funding from Gibbons Lane to another site.
(5) that the recommendations, following consultation and the cost/benefit analysis, be brought back to Cabinet for a decision as soon as possible to enable compliance with the HCA's timelines.