The Committee is a Committee of the Council constituted:
(1) In relation to its functions under the Licensing Act 2003, under Section 6 of that Act.
(2) In relation to its functions under the Gambling Act 2005.
(3) In relation to its other functions, under Sections 101 and 102 of the Local Government Act 1972.
1. To discharge the functions of the Council that are licensing functions within the meaning of the Licensing Act 2003 as amended.
2. To discharge the functions of the Local Authority as set out in the Gambling Act 2005.
3. The appointment of Licensing Sub-Committee under Section 10 of the Licensing Act 2003.
4. In respect of the relevant prescribed period to consider the Council's policy with respect to the exercise of its licensing functions and recommend to Council the adoption of the Statement of Licensing and Gambling Policy within the relevant prescribed period.
5. During each relevant prescribed period to keep the Statement of Licensing and Gambling Policy under review, and to recommend any revisions to it, to Full Council
6. To determine Policies that are relevant to the Council's functions under Part 3 of the Constitution which relate to those licensing and registration functions unless the policy must be determined by Full Council.
7. To exercise the Council's functions under Part 3 of the Constitution which relate to those licensing and registration functions except where the function has been delegated to Officers of the Council.
|Ken Keegan||Chair||Labour Party|
|Linda Curran||Vice Chair||Labour Party|
|Patricia Bartlett||Conservative Party|
|Elsie Butler||Labour Party|
|Paul Coddington||Independent/Not affiliated to a party|
|Pat Hall||Labour Party|
|Barbara Hedley||Labour Party|
|Moira Hood||Labour Party|
|Sue McGuinness||Labour Party|
|David Nevett||Labour Party|
|Susan Phillips||Labour Party|
|Patricia Schofield||Conservative Party|
|Austen White||Labour Party|
|Paul Wray||Labour Party|
There are currently no co-opted members for Licensing Committee.
|19/12/2013||Civic Office Room 8|
|19/09/2013||Civic Office Room 8|
|27/06/2013||Civic Office Room 7a & 7b|
|24/01/2013||Civic Office Room 8|