The FARRRS project will provide a new highway from the M18 at junction three to Robin Hood airport with links into Rossington and the iPort development.
- improve access to Rossington and Finningley
- cater for new developments and growth at the airport
- provide an alternative route into Doncaster from the south, avoiding Bawtry Road
Existing accesses and Public Rights of Way will be retained and the scheme will include landscaping and improvements to the environment.
The first phase of the project from Junction 3 of the M18 to the A638 at Parrots Corner is being funded by:
- the Government’s Regional Growth Fund and Growing Places Fund
- private sector developer contributions
- Doncaster Council corporate resources
- the Sheffield City Region Transport Strategy (the Local Transport Plan)
Work on this section started in October 2013 and will become operational in early 2016.
In February 2015, the first beams were lifted into place over the East Coast main line. A 1,000 tonne crane carried out the night time lifts which help form the 42metre span bridge.
To watch how this major engineering feat took place view the video at the bottom of the page.
Phase Two (Bawtry Road to Hurst Lane)
A planning application is currently being prepared for Phase Two of FARRRS which will complete the road from Bawtry Road to Hurst Lane.
This will create a high quality link from Doncaster Sheffield Airport to the M18 and also White Rose Way and Lakeside, the site of the new National College for High Speed Rail.
By shortening journey times and reducing congestion along this corridor, development will continue to accelerate and the connections between businesses and people needed to drive Doncaster forward will continue to flourish.
Before the application is submitted, residents were asked for their views on the plans. Events took place at Frenchgate Shopping Centre, Hatchell Wood Primary School and Doncaster Sheffield Airport. Thank you to everyone who attended and gave their feedback at the events or online.
For the latest information on the scheme please see the documents to the right of this page. These include a regular newsletter prepared by the council and the main contractor Carillion.
- FARRRS phase 2 information document
- Download (2.12MB)
- Parrott's Corner Junction Layout
- Download (3.81MB)
- FARRRS Driving Doncaster forward leaflet
- Download (1.14MB)
- FARRRS Meet the buyer brochure
- Download (1.74MB)
- FARRRS Phase 1 Route
- Download (5.12MB)
- FARRRS site reference drawing
- Download (1.63MB)
- FARRRS Newsletter1
- Download (316KB)
- FARRRS Newsletter - School Liaison
- Download (740KB)
- FARRRS Newsletter2
- Download (456KB)
- FARRRS newsletter - sustainability
- Download (335KB)
- FARRRS Newsletter 3
- Download (1.93MB)
- Bridge Challenge - Tornedale Infant School
- Download (501KB)
- FARRRS newsletter 4
- Download (3.75MB)